Apps streams free downloads from Soundclick...

He made the DatPiff of beats...

I have their app too.

I'm going to get that app today to see what's going on with it. One of the testimonials said "Always got new beats on this app..."

Maybe BEATS by themselves will become a niche like jazz... can that happen?

Another person to make money off of producers willingness to give stuff away for free. He loses nothing, gains from producers.

When are producers going to charge somebody, lol.

its hard to charge people for something when our skillset is limited to just making beats. Its like who is really gonna wanna buy beats from us... Rappers can get em for free, companies build relationships with licensing services.. Labels have their own producers on deck they reach out to

so its rough. We really cant sell shit but dreams to each other.. and sounds. shit i'm bout to start selling people the usage to my PMP account.. A & R access, can upload your own beats, submit to all the track dumps and anything that gets placed we'll split 25/75.

Another person to make money off of producers willingness to give stuff away for free. He loses nothing, gains from producers.

When are producers going to charge somebody, lol.

Everyday. How many beats you want? LOL

You guys look at at it from the wrong perspective. If I know a service can provide me with cutomers why wouldn't I pay? Because I'm afraid the guy is going to make a buck off me? LOL

Before Shopping malls were built you had to drive all over the place to do your shopping.

Now the shopping mall provides you with convenience to go to 1 place to do all your shopping. Do you think the store owners are stupid to open in the mall if they already have a location? Of course not. They know the traffic is there so if they can afford it they will open another location.

The Mall owner provides, convenience for customers, thus attracts customers, thus attracts businesses. Everybody wins. Now if your product is crappy don't blame the mall that you fail.

its hard to charge people for something when our skillset is limited to just making beats. Its like who is really gonna wanna buy beats from us... Rappers can get em for free, companies build relationships with licensing services.. Labels have their own producers on deck they reach out to

so its rough. We really cant sell shit but dreams to each other.. and sounds. shit i'm bout to start selling people the usage to my PMP account.. A & R access, can upload your own beats, submit to all the track dumps and anything that gets placed we'll split 25/75.

JakeOne did that, lol but I don't think he charged people. He said some other guys needed access to the people looking for music so he would upload their stuff. I'd be scared I'd lose my account.

why not do that make money where ever you can.. if long as it doesn't go against your morals

selling information,sell services,sell SEO control packages,sell logos to other producers and rappers,sell layout for SC,FL,learn to build webpages and sell that service
sell your contacts
sell yourself and all your talents
make a list and see what you can offer ppl in the music industry
and do things offline don't depend on internet only
this is a general message for all

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

Soundclick has been talking about doing an app like this but I guess it only works on iphone idk i have a 2010 blackberry curve it felt old 2 months after I got it lol

its just wild how much things have changed, i used to think id just be making music, now im actually legit tryna come up with businesses and ideas. Can't lie its fun watching your ideas flourish but its just not what i had visioned for myself

Everyday. How many beats you want? LOL

You guys look at at it from the wrong perspective. If I know a service can provide me with cutomers why wouldn't I pay? Because I'm afraid the guy is going to make a buck off me? LOL

After awhile it should feel bad that everybody else is inventing ways to make a buck off of you when you went from making bucks to charging a buck (no "you" personally).

Producers strategy is to charge less and less... until it's free, lol. Real Smart.

What you do is you make a site with about 10 good producers and you all contribute beats to the site. Then you make all of the beats that are put there available for download and you start a subscription service where for the low price of $10 a month you got beats coming at you from 10 hot beatmakers. The beatmakers split up the money from the subscribers but they use the site to promote other "flat priced" beats. So if people want something hot but that's not FIYAH!!! they subscribe and take what's given, if they hear a producer they like then they check out his FLAT PRICED joints and negotiate with that producer. The producers that don't contribute or seem to be shiesty... get voted off of the site like Survivor. New contributors will be brought in based off of their hotness to the BOARD MEMBERS. It'll be like subscription based Soundclick... you get rights like your paid for a lease but for a subscription fee and you get a variety of beats from different people that post them. Everything that's on the site will be SUPER TAGGED! only members can get the untagged versions. If the beats bang enough people will want the untagged ones.

If I knew 10 hot producers I'd do it. If you could snag 500 revolving subscribers x $10 that's $5000 to split between everyone, that's $500 a month for making probably 2 beats a piece at random times plus the FLAT PRICED one you sold on your own for $20... not a long of money but i'll let you pay off some person debt for two beats. 2 beats times 10 people = 20 beats / 4 weeks in a month... people would be getting 5 guarantee beats a week plus promo to other flat priced beats... who couldn't make 2 beats a month.

You could sell mixing services and ish... be WAL-BEATS!

There's my 2 minute brainstorm, lol.

Last edited:
After awhile it should feel bad that everybody else is inventing ways to make a buck off of you when you went from making bucks to charging a buck (no "you" personally).

Producers strategy is to charge less and less... until it's free, lol. Real Smart.

Let them make a buckk off me. As long as I make buck too it's all good. No hate. And IF they do make a buck off me it means they are doing something to help me make money, if not I wont pay. Simple as that.

As far as cheap beats go. I said it before. If all you are going make is trap beats than yeah maybe you will need to charge less, but if you diversify, you can "cast a wider net". You also got to keep in mind that a serious artist will not come near a $.99 beat, no matter how good it is. It has a perception of cheapness all around.

Not saying you shouldn't sell beats for $.99, but that is a different market. Everybody doesn't go to the dollar store, but those that do usually spend more than a dollar...

If you don't want to pay to use that guys service to stream your beats through his app.... he can STILL use your beats whenever he feels like it if you put it up there for free, therefore promoting his app with your free beats.

Aggravated Pimpin'...

With my tags in place. FREE advertising. Reverse pimping :)

Oh, it looked like it had all of the people's info included. That's how I saw Superstar O's name. I'll buy it today and see what it does.

Maybe people just want to listen to beats... I hope so, lol. That would be the greatest thing ever.

Yall really think this is genius?

This has been happening for almost 5 years in every industry imaginable, It's called a cross-media approach and has been around for quite some time.

If you really want to be ahead of the game, you should pay closer attention to business trends, not music business, business as a whole.

Dare to be an early-adapter, not just a follower (or even better, an innovator). That's where the money really is.

And stop seeing "the internet" as one target-audience, segmentate it and apply different marketing methods for different targets.

Apps are the future. watch your Pc turn into one big app-host within the next 5-10 years. Realtime apps on your desktop. Watch Windows 8 change the game and adapt as early as possible.

One more thing

I you really, REALLY want to be ahead of the game, keep track of scientifical innovations, they mostly dictate the future landscape of business/marketing.

Science doesn't make money as raw science, it makes money as a usable application.

Algorithms (science) --> Search engine (application) --> Marketing (advertising) --> profit

and watch Ted.com
It's inspiring

Yall really think this is genius?

This has been happening for almost 5 years in every industry imaginable, It's called a cross-media approach and has been around for quite some time.

If you really want to be ahead of the game, you should pay closer attention to business trends, not music business, business as a whole.

Dare to be an early-adapter, not just a follower (or even better, an innovator). That's where the money really is.

And stop seeing "the internet" as one target-audience, segmentate it and apply different marketing methods for different targets.

Apps are the future. watch your Pc turn into one big app-host within the next 5-10 years. Realtime apps on your desktop. Watch Windows 8 change the game and adapt as early as possible.

One more thing

I you really, REALLY want to be ahead of the game, keep track of scientifical innovations, they mostly dictate the future landscape of business/marketing.

Science doesn't make money as raw science, it makes money as a usable application.

Algorithms (science) --> Search engine (application) --> Marketing (advertising) --> profit

and watch Ted.com
It's inspiring

learn business on your own
ppl don't want to do that
they want to talk about who wack and who's not wack
that's why I love the Marketing/networking section alot this thread should be in that section not this section
just saying
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-marketing/learning-business-your-own-383340/
I have alot of business mailing list that I signed up for and read
TED: Ideas worth spreading thanks for this sir
as I'm all about information and finding interesting ways to apply it

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

Soundclick has been talking about doing an app like this but I guess it only works on iphone idk i have a 2010 blackberry curve it felt old 2 months after I got it lol

yeah true the soundclick app is only for iphone as far as i know.
and this guy made the android app.

and i was wondering why i get his yahoo pipees script source into my soundclick statistics lol ...this dude have to fix this really

Back