Anyone remember Hittman from Aftermath and Chronic 2001?

taar44

Apparently he is still alive!! Here is snippet of an interview he did with dubcnn.com. The full article can be seen Here:

HITTMAN (July 2006) | Interview By: Lil Jay

He came and he disappeared like a ghost into the night. According to the Hip Hop industry, he was born on November 16, 1999 and died 22 tracks later. But that's what they say. Mr. Brian Bailey, better known as Hittman, is still alive and active in 2006.

Dubcnn tracked down Hittman for an exclusive interview to talk about his time on Aftermath and what happened after that. We go back in time and talk about the "2001" album and all the wasted potential that came after. Hitt goes into details about his shelved album and why it never saw the light of day, and talks about his label situation and the lack of loyalty at Aftermath. We also look ahead to what the future will bring and discuss his upcoming projects as well as working on "Detox".

He's Big Hitt, don't confuse him wit no other by the flow motherfu*ker!

..........................................................................................

Dubcnn: What's going on with you Hittman?

Hittman: Man just listening to some songs we're about to finish mixing down. Me and my partner Stunt Man, we formed a group called The Constructicons. We're about to put out something out real soon.

Dubcnn: Yeah let's talk about that later on. But first of all, it's already been 7 years since we heard you on "2001". What happened since then?

Hittman: Umm ****, what happened.... I left Aftermath like in October 2001. I was trying to get my own situation, I was signed to Scott Storch's manager Hustler Foundation like in 2003. But none of that stuff worked out the way I wanted it to. With me, if I don't have my creativity, I don't care what the situation is, I back up out of it. And for most of the time that's what it was, I didn't have my creative control. So at times, I had situations on the table but they ended up falling through so I didn't roll with none of that.

Dubcnn: Everything about you and your situation was kept secret, at least on the outside.

Hittman: Oh yeah, yeah. Well ****, nobody in that Aftermath era knew what happened. But my name is Hittman, by the time you see me, its too late. Like I said, after I left Aftermath I went into shell for a minute, just trying to find what I was gonna do next. And then when I found what I was gonna do, me and my boy LA Jackson of Hustler Foundation, we was gonna put out some things since he had Scott Storch in pocket. But then that fell through. But now, I'm about to put out a lot of things, starting in the summer. It's just gonna be a flurry of new music.

Dubcnn: How did you eat all these years?

Hittman: Well my publishing. As you know, me and Dre were probably on the "2001" album the most. So my publishing has held me down this far. Publishing checks here and there, and I write for people here and there. As a matter of fact, I'm starting to write for a couple of people now, which I'ma keep under wraps at the moment. But it's gonna be a surprise when people hear who it is.

Dubcnn: I think Ben Baller said you would write for Ice Cube?

Hittman: That was something that I was considering at that time, but he already had his writer and he was cool with that. So that was something I ended up passing on.

Dubcnn: So all this time there were no financial problems for you?

Hittman: Oh it was definitely struggle, but we're survivors man. But for the most part yeah, publishing has held me down thus far. And those tight spots, I write something here and just sell it straight out where my name ain't no where under.

Dubcnn: So you were still active in the music industry? Just not visible? Is that how you would explain it?

Hittman: Umm yeah, for the most part. But I'm about to be real visible soon though!

More can be read at http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/hittman/

there was some other dude by the name of Hitman who died.. most folks prolly thought it was this guy, lol. but that comes with using namse like that, i mean Stunt Man..? wonder when Super Man comes along.

i think ur thinkin of Hitman from RBL Posse, he died, hes from tha Bay, Hunter's Point SF, 2 member from RBL were murdered, one left i was thinkin tha same thing tho

Ice Cube has ghost writers? Wasn't Cube writing lyrics for everyone in NWA except for Ren?

never heard that, i didnt think dre wrote his own stuff, i heard on TV that Royce Da 5'9 co-wrote or wrote *the message* from 2001

Hittman owned 2001, I still don't get why Dre dropped him. I'm hype to hear he got some 9th beats tho, I'll be checkin for that.

I have Hittman's unreleased album. And it went unreleased with good reason. The tracks sounded like bad Dre imitations, and the subject matter and the rapping were about as good as the beats.

Hitman was good with the lyrics, but he was always to lacsicadaisical (sp?) to have superstar potential. He never had that charisma, like the other aftermath point men.

Good read though, I was wondering what happened with dude.

Back