Anybody using ProTools 9??

quantumleap

i personally only used PT once before..and it was 8, I think..Only used it for about 30 minutes lol the particular version of PT was very limited. Didnt have half of the shit it would normally come with. Could only use certain amount of tracks, there was only a few available FX and slots to use. Anyway, I only used it for a minute trying to get familiar with the program. A friend of mine recently got PT9, and I'll be using that soon to do his mixing......But I was just wondering if anyone else is using it, and if you could tell me how you like it, maybe give some tips/pointers..I think my biggest challenge is just going to be getting use to the program itself..But, thought i'd see who else is using it

PT9 is unrivaled when it comes to mixing and mastering but nay matey it prolly ain't the best , the best part of it is you and I mean you ; yourself . You are the one who makes it outclass all the other Daws . Thus it's not about the program it's all in your hands and it's about you how you make use of it . Roger that sir !

Dude I know it doesnt matter as much what you have, as how you use it..

But I mean...its a new protools... So who here uses it?

Is it stable on windows pc?

I've read forums where people who have used PT for a while now refuse to upgrade to 9... They would rather stay at 7/8.....But I'd like to know why..Is PT9 a bad program?

Bump, I've wanted to know the same. I've used Pro Tools regularly since 5, 7 was pretty stable and once I got to 8 I got a problem free environment. Because of all the changes with digi/avid hardware and how it's now a one package deal(instead of HD and LE like in the past)I've wondered if the upgrade is worth it. I usually upgrade quick, but with Pro Tools I have this "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. Especially since I saw no really significant changes other than delay compesation, and I'm so used to getting past that on my own I'm not missing it much.

Alright, well my boy just got PT9....the plan was to install it on his laptop, for recording...since he has the spot to do that at...and to install it on my computer for mixing..since thats what I do, amongst make beats.... The problem we ran into without even considering it at first.....is the ilok. Yes, you can install PT9 on multiple computers. But if you only have 1 ilok....you can only use 1 computer at a time...thus you need to buy an additional license or whatever and get another ilok...I think. I am not familiar enough with this ilok stuff... I have FL Studio, Reaper, and a lot of free plugins and plugins that simply don't require ilok...so I've never messed with it before. So I'm still not exactly sure or 100% positive on what we have to do to be able to run PT9 at his house, and at my house, at the same time. Saying, he's got people at his house recording...when they're done, he can just upload/send the session to me...and I'm at my house, I can load that shit up and get to work.......without having to go back and forth to exchange the 1 ilok........so if anyone has any extra information on that, I'd really really appreciate it!

I use PT9 on Windows and Mac. Very stable on PC if you system is compatible and maintained. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM or ask here.

The iLok is there to prevent exactly what you are trying to do. It will not run without it. Don't you think it makes sense that if YOU want Pro Tools YOU should buy it? J/S :cheers: You will need a second license at the other location. Find a used Mbox 2 Mini or Micro somewhere for cheap then use this as an upgrade qualifier for PT9 ($250 instead of $600).

I'm fine using Reaper, but he wants everything Pro Tools....thats the reason he wanted us both to have it.. Someone told me I could buy PT9 ilok assets from someone selling them and it'd be legal...But we'll probably just share the ilok, since we'll record on his computer, and mix on mine...that'll work until i can afford another purchase

Back