Anybody have XM Radio? Mike Will Literally has 8 or 9 songs in constant rotation.

Beat Off

I can't remember anybody doing this since Neptune's. I like him but it disgusts me how labels make artists run to the hot producer to make the same beat over and over.

It's disgusting to everyone on the outside looking in. . .but if we were in Mike Will's place and those checks and placements kept rolling in consistently, I don't think anybody would complain. It is what it is. If he has to make twenty versions of "Bandz" to get his money, then so be it.

People will argue that the same beat production style is ruining music. . .

Those that say that are just too lazy to find good music on their own. Stop listening to the ****ing radio. .

Sorry for the rant.

I definitely don't hate on him but I actually feel sorry for him. I remember watching a video of him after No Lie came out but before Bandz and he had a diverse range of dope beats. Really his only calling card is his Hi Hat rolls and his big sounding 808. But yet he's stuck in ground hog day because everyone wants the same damn beat. Its limiting his brand. He can't show that he can make a legit RnB beat or a more classic sounding hip hop track because everyone wants No Lie or Bandz 2.0. Its the same thing that derailed Lex Luger and to some extent T-Minus.

he does have a chance to show what he can do though because I hear he may be coming with an album.

I don't hate him or Feel Sorry for him, he's nice on the production. Especially when he's not doing all those Strip Club Beats. It's a shame he's not able to show more of what he can do. Just like Mustard, people think this is all they can do. The game is ****ed.

Back