Any thoughts on "Yeezus" yet?

idk I've yet to actually hear a song from the album in good quality. I've heard it on Billboards or on SNL. I'll have to wait until it drops

Kanye's new adlib may work for him with some people. It's annoying to me though. Had an alcoholic friend of mine who would make that exact same noise when he was beyond drunk.

Not sounding good. The bound joint is the only one so far I see myself rockin. I guess this is his Electric Circus album like Com. I'll listen again, maybe it will grow on me.

I didn't like the album. Only songs I liked were Guilty Trip, I'm In It, and Hold My Liquor. I always love the work Kanye does win Justin Vernon and I like how Chief Keef was used in Hold My Liquor.

I don't even know what to say.

I don't like what he did. Bound is a cool record. I find that 2 other records had potential. That's it. I am not surprised. He is like an abstract artist.

I prefer, soul, funk, jazzy music. Melodies. and drums. Everyone can try to be an artist but art is not necessarily liked by everyone.

If I wanted to bad mouth a little bit, I would say that only hipster will prolly fake appreciation of that, till they get to appreciate it. I won't even go to the length of saying that I understand his art. Now, maybe if I were to listen to lyrics only...

Kanye, I appreciate that you are trying to sound different but nigga that shit sucks...

Last edited:
I did listen to the leaked album , I wasnt completely impressed but at the same time with a few more listens I think it could really grow on me! Kanye is still a genius in my eyes.

Yeah although, different != sonically pleasing sometimes.

[edit]

But I agree that in some way it's cool that someone tries to break boundaries to do "his own thing"... We have too many copycats. I guess, Art has to be provocative sometimes too... And why not ? I prefer deep "traditional" melodies, but it has been done before so why not something novel...

His attempt is growing on me actually.. It's Kanye's growing up from traditional hiphop and doing "his" thing.

I guess I was a "slave" to the old format. Didn't think I was so narrow-minded. I'm starting to like his stuff.. But it's more grown-up. Like he is trying to grow-up hiphop. He is going further than Jay-Z. Dang that's a total reversal of opinion on my end.

**** it's actually a dope album. lmao. Sorry Kanye...

Last edited:
Kanye's been making "taste Making" albums(if you could call them that) basically paving a new sound for producers to follow, it's like a demo or a beta for a videogame, you know???

Back