Any experts on west coast hip hop? Specifically with integra 7

fungames

Most of you know real west coast hip hop has rich synth, rich pianos, rich strings, and rich "Natural" sounds that "coast". I really love that sound of the integra 7 but its a huge investment. Is there a cheaper way to do this? I've heard some of kontakt library but it just doesn't appeal to me until you add upwards of $900 in effects for the processor that adds depth and richness. I'm afraid if If I buy the integra 7 I'll be overwhelmed with too many natural sounds and not even spontaneous sounds found in hip hop but I'll never know until I try. What are your recommendations for sound FX and spontaneous sounds? I know a lot of synthesizers have them hidden in their programs and expansion packs if you know what to buy. Maybe I am making my west coast tracks wrong, maybe you're suppose to take out the reverb and processing and leave the bare minimum and combined they make something great. Though a lot of dr. dre and other producers tracks sound richer than just one instrument, specially the intros. I feel like the intergra 7 is needed for those bare minimum rich sounds. Then you can add the FX and samples from somewhere else.

Oh yea I definitely do not have a million dollars to shell out on stuff like top producers do, so I can't do sampling and reason and integra and workstations and combine them together in my room full of processors, compressors, and endless records to listen to. If I bought a integra 7 I would barely have enough for something for scratching, and a new set of speakers+controller.

I currently use reason 5.0 but does reason 6.5 have even better sounds, and options. Reason seems really powerful but it lacks a lot of the richness Integra 7 has. Is there a way to add this richness and depth with reason? Which is the best way to go about creating high quality hip hop tracks as a solo artist with little money or experience? I see how my lack of expertise is outweighing the inspiration the integra provided. IT SUCKS. believe me.

-Kyle

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Nvm reason 5 is plenty haha

Last edited:
Back