Animal Ambition....What did you think?

B

BIGMOZ

I gave it a 6.5/10. I'm not sure how to approach it. The content is the same stuff 50 has always rapped about (selling dope, robbing, killing, ****ing). It's just tired to me. There's something wrong about a guy in his 40s that's rapping about the same stuff he was doing in his teens. It's like he's had no maturity since his teens. I know if he changes his content, some people will hate and want the "old 50," but don't you want any maturity from artists? Am I alone?

You are not alone as maturity is a natural process that happens for as long as one lives but Hip Hop has a huge issue with prolonged immaturity and both labels and fans encourage it. I expect and love maturity in music regardless of genre.

Last edited:
I'm really sick of him "trying to get back to the old 50".

That's the thing that makes artists fall of the quickest.

He was doing some forward thinking stuff in between The Massacre and Curtis...but then Cam'ron threw him off his game, and he becomes so obsessed with "the old 50", that he never recovered.

He's much too talented for this mess.

I'm really sick of him "trying to get back to the old 50".

That's the thing that makes artists fall of the quickest.

He was doing some forward thinking stuff in between The Massacre and Curtis...but then Cam'ron threw him off his game, and he becomes so obsessed with "the old 50", that he never recovered.

He's much too talented for this mess.

I always felt the same way.

To me Ayo Technology, Follow My Lead and a few other records
off Curtis were all forward thinking...

Those records were slowly putting him in a new bracket...

It was such a perfect way to leave that shit behind and
transition... he didn't follow through.

The same with TI, he had great records on Paper Trail
w/ Timberlake, Rihanna etc. Got into a jam and reverted
right back.

Jay has been the only one to successfully do it. I hated
Kingdom Come when it first came out, but i
understood what that album meant for his transition.

its ironic hes a multi-millionaire rapping bout the same stuff he did when he came in the game , too shay he hasnt and wont ever grow from that persona stick up kid drug dealer he once was 'hes like a lil kid

Last edited:
When people change they're selling out, when they stay the same they're stuck in the past. Best to progress and tell em to go buy ur old shit.

I don't see anything wrong with a return to form for 50. I think this is 50 channeling that same hunger and intensity that made is earlier work so captivating. I, for one, don't want to hear 50 on no wack rnb/pop crossovers unless he can make that sh1t gutta as ****. I like that gutta, with-me-or-against-me 50. Ayo Technology 50 was garbage. I don't wanna hear no dudes championing that record. The problem is perhaps we're so used to passive, non-confrontational rap that anything going against it seems like a step backward. And for those saying he's lame for being a rich, 40 year old talking that street sh1t...what do you want--12 songs about how 50 is managing his mutual funds? This is all theatrics, Dre called it 20 years ago. Y'all sound like those clowns who still talk about how the WWE is fake--in 2014. No sh1t, just shut up and enjoy the show. 50 just giving niggas what they want, this ain't for you square niggas.

Last edited:
I listened and it sounded like the stuff off his first album but that came out 10 years ago.

I don't see anything wrong with a return to form for 50. I think this is 50 channeling that same hunger and intensity that made is earlier work so captivating. I, for one, don't want to hear 50 on no wack rnb/pop crossovers unless he can make that sh1t gutta as ****. I like that gutta, with-me-or-against-me 50. Ayo Technology 50 was garbage. I don't wanna hear no dudes championing that record. The problem is perhaps we're so used to passive, non-confrontational rap that anything going against it seems like a step backward. And for those saying he's lame for being a rich, 40 year old talking that street sh1t...what do you want--12 songs about how 50 is managing his mutual funds? This is all theatrics, Dre called it 20 years ago. Y'all sound like those clowns who still talk about how the WWE is fake--in 2014. No sh1t, just shut up and enjoy the show. 50 just giving niggas what they want, this ain't for you square niggas.

To each his own. But I'll tell you Dre and Jay aren't rapping about the same shit they were 15 years ago. Either is Nas. 50 came out 15 years ago. His fans were in their teens and mid 20s at that time. If you don't think there's something wrong with a man in his mid 30s (close to 40s) bumping music about selling crack in his car, we're at different points in our lives. Hopefully, you get to a point where you're not throwing gang signs out of your window to grandmas waiting at a bus stop.

dude needs to throw in the towel and never look back... do the world a favor and leave.

To each his own. But I'll tell you Dre and Jay aren't rapping about the same shit they were 15 years ago. Either is Nas. 50 came out 15 years ago. His fans were in their teens and mid 20s at that time. If you don't think there's something wrong with a man in his mid 30s (close to 40s) bumping music about selling crack in his car, we're at different points in our lives. Hopefully, you get to a point where you're not throwing gang signs out of your window to grandmas waiting at a bus stop.

Exactly...I don't want to hear about a guy worth 100 some million dollars, rapping about selling dope and robbing people. Really?

Rick Ross can do it, because that's ALL Rick Ross has ever done in his career. He literally puts out the same album every year.

But 50's better than this. He's not hard no more. He's not on the streets no more. Nobody believes that shit.

Just make GOOD MUSIC.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing the old 50. The old 50 wasnt following trends but dictating them. To me, it seems at times like like he's trying to keep up with the Jones. The Trey songz track being an example. The tracks he selects to rap over are terrible though. That's where Sha Money is missed.

he needs to get back with the unit and stop making dick moves, like recording young buck

Back