Amphead straight to interface?

SveinKB

Hey!
I'm just wondering if I will loose much tone if I run the signal straight from my amphead (guitar or bass) to my audio-interface? Or perhaps add a DI Box in between.

Thanks!

As long as its not the speaker out into your interface. If its a line out or a headphone out it should work fine. If you have a DI box try it with and without and see which sounds better. you can also just plug your guitar in and use AmpliTube 3 FREE for great tone.

Thanks for the reply!
I've been using computer generated tones for a few years now, and tbh I don't like them very much. Shure, you can get great tones from them, but in the end they all have this "plastic" feeling over them. Like paml muting for an example, it just doesen't sound very good.

If the amp head has a line out, there should be no need for a DI box either - it's like any other line level device.

Thanks for the reply!
I've been using computer generated tones for a few years now, and tbh I don't like them very much. Shure, you can get great tones from them, but in the end they all have this "plastic" feeling over them. Like paml muting for an example, it just doesen't sound very good.

Isn't the electric guitar's signal unbalanced? And the DI Box would make balanced?

Have you tried AmpliTube 3 FREE? It just came out a little over a month ago...

Isn't the electric guitar's signal unbalanced? And the DI Box would make balanced?

Yes but that would be if you were using just the guitar to the interface like you would if you were using AmpliTube 3 FREE, but if you were using the amps line out it wouldn't matter since the amp makes the guitar signal line level.

Back