ambient / downtempo inspirational tutorials for ableton

sorya

Hi everybody!

It's my first post, so let me introduce myself in few words: I stared making music almost 10 years ago. I have been a guitar player all the time, had bands, projects, liking the rock, particular stoner and space rock genre, picking up some musical theory here and there from schools and teachers.

I want to start learning about music production. Within limited budget and to start "small", i bought an Akai APC Key 25 Mini
I have picked up some basics already, read stickies, read forum posts etc.

As I want to research the ambient / downtempo / trip hop genre ala Massive Attack, Moby, Thievery Corporation, Kruder & Dorfmeister, etc.
I want to know from you folks if have some inspiratonal how to / tutorial videos for this genre. It doesn't have to be a complete step by step tutorial.

For exmaple, i find the tutorial called "make music with ableton live" on youtube very inspirational

I tried to copy some bits, and then started playing/fooling/jamming around with this
Also, i like to try to copy / remake / rebuild tracks.. Not for stealing artwork but just for training purposes...

Any other special tips/hints are pretty much appreciated.. (I know there is plenty of material, but maybe you have some particular interesting points / tutorials that helped you the most)

Thanks everybody and have a nice day!

Attachments

• csm_Akai_APC40mk2_APCkey25_APCmin_04_key25_27a92ad695.jpg
    csm_Akai_APC40mk2_APCkey25_APCmin_04_key25_27a92ad695.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 123
Back