Altruwest TV Episode 16: 2009 One Stop Shop Producer's Conference

Damn, that MPhaze cat was real dope with it. And yeah, homie talking about hardware vs software sounded real bitter. I can see some logic that cats that spend thousands on hardware will probably be more dedicated than cats that download software. I don't think that it really matters though. Use what you use and be good at it. I am a hardware user, and I still don't understand why people think software users are all wack and why hardware is a great investment and software isn't. If you buy your software lefit, it can be just as expensive and investment.

Just know what you using, and use it creatively, M Phazes is all software and clownin most folks that got hella gear in their labs.

Wow 4:55 to 5:50 game need that i love cali n the summer time

Yeah, that cat got some smooth heat. That is perfect for the backyard cookout

Was nice If you have any more footage on the beat battle or any footage of 9th wonder speaking please post it!

I have never been to any of these producer confrences. Now being from salt lake city is it worth me going to "network"? I mean how much is it to go? How much was the hotel? I know I sound ignorant I have always heard of these but never from people I know or from people that went. Great video btw.

Producers trying to dance is the funniest sh!t in the world, great video though I was feelin it until dude said he spent a massive amount of cash on the trip to find out he needs to be himself...

Lol 600 dollars is a massive amount of cash?? man, yall gotta stop over thinking these conference, If you are serious about your music then surround yourself with like minded serious individuals and network. IF you are not serious about your music and want to network, sites like futureproducers.com are great for being able to chat and speak with folks that arent that serious about their music. There were tons of important industry folk in there and a lot of opportunity to get your music heard, and network with folks that are actually moving with their music. As far as doing you goes....look at how many folks on this board wanna be timbo, danja, runners, justice league, polow etc. I rarely hear anyone here that has a unique approach.

As far as doing you goes....look at how many folks on this board wanna be timbo, danja, runners, justice league, polow etc. I rarely hear anyone here that has a unique approach.

408.gif

Lol 600 dollars is a massive amount of cash?? man, yall gotta stop over thinking these conference, If you are serious about your music then surround yourself with like minded serious individuals and network. IF you are not serious about your music and want to network, sites like futureproducers.com are great for being able to chat and speak with folks that arent that serious about their music. There were tons of important industry folk in there and a lot of opportunity to get your music heard, and network with folks that are actually moving with their music. As far as doing you goes....look at how many folks on this board wanna be timbo, danja, runners, justice league, polow etc. I rarely hear anyone here that has a unique approach.

To an extent your right. But these conferences do raise the question as to, how can networking with other producers benefit you? I understand there were important industry personnel in attendance, and the opportunity to get your music heard is that much higher, but apart of me screams for realistic thinking. There had to be a few thousand aspiring producers in attendance. The likelihood of your music being heard by an A&R would still be as slim as it would otherwise.

I'm not saying these conferences are bogus, obviously they offer SOME sort of industry insight, but I personally haven't been sold on the concept. Maybe further down the road I'll feel the need to spend $600 in order to listen to successful producers and industry executives speak, but at this point in my life and career, I don't see the necessity.

Everyone is at a different point in their music. Im not gonna break down the entire situation and tell you everything I got out of it because that is what I paid for, information and networking. When is the last time you got to chop it up with 9th Wonder about education and becoming a teacher? Or Chop it up with Ty Fyffe and Pete Rock in the Elevator lol? Or meet up with producers and arrange some massive collaborative efforts. I got so much work coming just because I was there and folks took me seriously for being there. Producers work with other producers that they respect. I thought the same thing at one point, how can producers help other producers?...You really have no idea how much they can help you.

600 shouldn't be anything when cats come on here talking about starting out and wanting Motif 88 keys:p

IF you are not serious about your music and want to network, sites like futureproducers.com are great for being able to chat and speak with folks that arent that serious about their music.

Ouch! Guess I'm not serious after all... sadness...

man i wouldve just went off the vibe to be honest

that 600 trip, could lead you to inspiration that would make though hundred of thousands of dollars

i couldnt make it cause i didnt have the money at first, i scraped up the money, had the money to go, but i had to move out my apartment around the time, and it was just to close for me to squeeze in

but its great just to put faces to names man

Some of you dudes are being abit silly. I could'nt think of anything negative you could get out of going to a conference like this.

Thanks for posting this blog up F.............I'd have to travel across oceans to make it there!
And Im happy to see mphazes killin it over there in the states. He's my hometown hero. haha
I think he put in for a goverment grant to get himself to last years!

As far as doing you goes....look at how many folks on this board wanna be timbo, danja, runners, justice league, polow etc. I rarely hear anyone here that has a unique approach.

I know that wasn't directed to me... or maybe you are just assuming before clickin a link or two... if not then my bad foke...

And.. yes 600 dollars is a massive amount of money for the knowledge of finding you're own sound. You cut off half of what I said.

I know that wasn't directed to me... or maybe you are just assuming before clickin a link or two... if not then my bad foke...

And.. yes 600 dollars is a massive amount of money for the knowledge of finding you're own sound. You cut off half of what I said.

The comment about sounding like others was not specifically pointed at you. However I can honestly tell you that No one that went to to One Stop Shop has buyers remorse, everyone that went pretty much feels that the event was well worth their money...and thats rare. I think yall are spending too much time trying to justify why you shouldn't go, while everyone that went is still buzzing off how great it was.

The conference was GREAT anyone who doesn't see the value in investing in yourself and career then you probably don't take your career that serious... besides we didn't need anyone there killing the positive vibe :) Thanks for watching and supporting the video.

Would've been dope if it was more of the conference and less of you talking.

You could've made that vid at your crib. 8 minutes of you and your partner talking, 1 minute of some dude thinking that spending more money means you're more dedicated than "less smart" and 1 minute of conference footage.

Great.

Looked like ... what starts with Gr and rhymes with Snoopy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back