All reggaeton sounds the same...

Yeeaaap, dViaje's long ass post officially shut the haters up.

Basically was the best explanation anyone could give, gracias mano

but yeah while we're at it, let's name other music that all sounds the same.

Most bachata leans on some form of the A-minor chord, grab a capo and do A-minors all over and ya got bachata.

Merengue, play bachata faster

Salsa, trumpets and congas, occassionally a piano

Rock music, 2 guitarists and a drummer

Heavy Metal, same as rock music but throw in some screeching

if ya noticed I progressively made each description sound more.. and more.. and more.. ignorant.

Keep following the pattern and eventually you'll get to reggaeton and see statements like the haters are saying here ;)

btw, I love my damn bachata, I was just making an example

dVIAJE PR said:
The thing is Reggaeton isnt about beats as much, its more about the lyrics, how silly can they be, the plays on words, sexual metaphors, its completely ridiculous, But not ALL reggaeton is the same, it does all center around a same riddim- the Dembow -but you have all sorts of different styles:
Tiraera- Battle, disses (has a lot of gunshots), crazy breakdowns, orchestra sounds, big strings and horns

Romantikeo- More glassy synths, romantic elements, its more aimed at girls

Bailoteo- Faster beats, crazy synths (93-102 bpms)

Fusssion- More futuristic sounding, wierd synths, more trippy, has an arab kind of "swing" to it, the beats are ALOT slower (85-90)

Bachateo- This is Reggaeton with elements of Dominican music like Fast merengue breakdowns, and Bachata guitar lines, this is reggaeton aimed at the Dom. Market

Vieja escuela- Old school, uses more oldschool Jamaican rhytms like the "bambam" These are faster beats and the artist would sing more "ragamuffin" then rap really

Ritmos- Everyone across the whole word says "ew i hate that ****, it all sounds the same, its all the same beat. Whatever- they just do not understand
A lot of people in PR just DO NOT feel hiphop, its not carribean in any way, they get bored if its not reggaeton or salsa- Its just the way it is.
. Here in PR if you try to Dj at a club and you try to play some hiphop or Crunk or any **** like that, people wont want to dance to it as much and youll be booed off the stage.
There are several different rhytms
-Dembow- the central rhymth used in 95% of the music
-Bam Bam- this one is looser and has more swing in it
-Bailoteo- This is the faster dancehall ragga-style beat
-Pitch- this sounds like a very low-pitched dembow, kinda like tribal drums, sort of chopped n screwed in a way
-Tracata- a real drumset (similar to the Poco man jam riddim used in Jamaica)

People try to mix in a lot of hiphop beats and other rhytms but a lot of producers fail at changin it up and keepin it interesting, in PR we are very much behind in respects to that. People generally dont like to use samples, they feel that thats stealing that is why most of the music is synth or strings-based. Reggaeton has a lot variety-you just have to look for it since a lot of it is garbage pop music.
There are a lot of different producers too, theres Luny tunes, Dj Rafy Mercenario, Danny Fornaris, DJ Jam, Mr. Green, Dexter, DJ Nelson, and the one who is credited with started putting people singin reggae in spanish over jamaican beats- Playero
Ther is also the debate- whether Reggaeton started in Panama or PR,
-of course i have to be patriotic and say that REGGAETON STARTED IN PUERTO RICO jejeje

Hit me up if you want reggaeton drum kits- i have a bunch.
¡¡poste excelente!! i saw dis late, pero i learned sum stuff readin dis

Back