All of you please help me

IamStan

My pc is up on Ebay right now and I'm looking to buy a mac. What mac should I get an Imac 21,27, inch, or a mac pro?

I'm messing with some high tech stuff like Ableton suite 8 and max for live, soon I will get waves plugins, etc.

Please help.

Either should be able to run Ableton Live, the more power the better, obviously.

Check the required specs of any software you need, imacs rule out PCI/PCie expansion in the future.

cheers

^^^^^
What he said, Check the spec requirements of your software.

I use an 21" Imac with an I5 processor and never had any trouble with it. I would sacrafice screen size for a better spec though.

It'll get the job done.

Depends on the job, really. If just recording audio and using some effects here and there moderately, it could definitely be enough. If doing lots of in-the-box production with modern CPU-hungry plugins, it's pushing it a bit...but the point was mainly that the amount of RAM and the internal HD size don't really tell much about the machine.

Agreed. Using a computer from 98 to run Abelton 8 and a bunch of instruments and effects might not get the job done.

You'll get more for your money with a PC. Lots of people buy Macs thinking its the holy grail and find out its just a PC with a fancy case and different OS, which you pay a premium for. Unless you REALLY need to run Logic I wouldn't go down that route.

All in one computers are a shit idea that belong in the 80's along with single button mice, so you should definitely put one of your kidneys on ebay and get a Mac Pro.

Back