Alesis Fusion = WAYYYY UNDERATED

http://www.alesis.com/usbmidicable

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/USBtoMIDI/

ALESIS USB-MIDI CABLE CONNECTS MIDI TO COMPUTERS
Problem-Solver Is An Ideal Addition To Any Electronic Musician’s Gig Bag.

Cumberland, R.I. (Jul. 17, 2009) – Alesis, the world’s leading manufacturer of professional audio equipment and studio electronics, announces the USB-MIDI Cable a cable that links MIDI instruments with computers via USB. The USB-MIDI Cable will make its debut at Alesis' booth, number 400, at the Summer NAMM Show held at the Nashville Convention Center, July 17 – 19.

The USB-MIDI Cable is the latest addition to Alesis’ AudioLink Series of problem-solving cables for musicians. The MIDI-to-USB cable has traditional male and female MIDI (DIN) connectors on one end and a USB connector on the other. Musicians can use the USB-MIDI Cable to control virtually any MIDI-compliant software using any hardware device with a MIDI output jack, such as a keyboard, drum pad or MPC.

The USB-MIDI Cable is class compliant for plug-and-play USB connectivity on Mac and PC, requiring no software-driver installation or external powering. Musicians can use the USB-MIDI Cable with virtually all music production, sequencing and recording software.

“This new cable is perfect for bringing older MIDI controllers into today’s computer-music age,” said Jim Norman, Product Manager, Alesis. “The USB-MIDI Cable is one of those problem solvers that should be in every studio as an insurance policy, if nothing else.”

The USB-MIDI Cable will be available from musical instrument and professional audio retailers Q3 2009.

Last edited:
yup i'm selling mine. not do to lack of love for the sound. i just wanna downsize the studio (i have the 8hd which is fricking big) but gotta say I still like it more than the triton i had and the motif. i may pick up the 6 hd eventualy (stored a copy of the hd on my pc so i can recal all my sounds when i get another ;) )

Alesis Fusion

I've had an Alesis Fusion 6 HD for about 4 months,It's dope but I get weird errors sometimes.The factory reset has fixed it a few times,going thru the mark & process thing has worked a couple times,and sometimes simply restarting it fixes it.I've had anything from v eng errors too "cannot allocate data" to just missing sample errors.Also when I set loop regions to 16 bars it's off on playback,not sure what that's about but a real pain when making tracks that change key half way thru the loop(at the 9th bar)Other than that I'm very impressed with it,I opened it up and maxed out the hard drive,and with Awave studio & Translator have made some real nice conversions but overall I'd say it almost reminds me of a Triton Classic with 32 tracks,an 8 track audio recorder and awesome expansion capability,though I think it could have better strings,drums,and B3 organs but other than that everything is killer,I got it for $400 from someone who barely touched it,he even gave me a copy of all the hollow sun and kpr libraries!!! If anyone has any advice or would like to possibly trade sounds? my email is samslick50 at gmail

I actually got one of these for free some months back. It was having hard drive issues. The owner assumed the issue was something major, just needed a new drive). When fully functioning this thing is a beast.

Last edited:
I agree. The Fusions are highly underrated and basically vanished as soon as they came out. Aesthetically, they're a bit ugly, but when it comes to features, they really have it goin' on. They kinda remind me of the Kurzweil Kxxxx series... they were big in the early 90's but now they get slept on. The K2000 RS v3 is INCREDIBLE, especially considering its age. I'd rather have one of them than a Motif/Fantom/etc. I've never been big into workstations in general, but Kurzweil makes the best IMO. The Fusions are great but I do agree with the poster that brought up build quality. They definitely are not boards you'd wanna take on tour. They're more suited to sitting in a studio and being treated gently.

Back