Alesis Fusion = WAYYYY UNDERATED

Sparrow said:
still on my first one with no issues - except for some sound bank errors which just require savin and shutin down and powerin back up (20 seconds) and this is not that frequent.

With all hardware there is some QA issues, there are badly made ones in every batch.

you sent yours back to Alesis? Who sent you one from the stock they have of returned ones.

I would have asked for my cash back and went and copped on EBay fully expanded ram and sound banks.

This was over a year ago i couldn't tell you from what alesis stock but i''m pretty sure it wasn't re-sealed. Right now the only ones left are RE-sealed boxes of the fusion those are ones people are selling unless you get lucky & find one that works but i wouldn't take that chance in finding one. I've talked to alot of fusion owners & it seems like its about 75% of the ones who have found some sort of issue with it like me. Maybe you & the 25% are the ones who got lucky when they built the fusion..

FWIW yall - new alesis videos will be up this weekend

using mix mode to make stacked drums and stacked instruments.

and BPM matchings loops by using the semitone parameter feature to match the loop to your beat or voce versa.

i havent checked the comments but are people having an arguement or something, cause why does this topic have so much discussion?

Looking forward to the vids Sparrow. I'd really like a vid about the tables in the mod matrix. It looks to me like you can preprogram the table much like an xy controller. Have you tried this. I'm still getting my head around it.

I think the only negative thing about it is that it can't sample it's own output which can be worked around by running a cable or two but other than that this thing is INSANE. Thanks for information thread and the vids.

I have to say i was never really realy impressed with the build quality but it is a great piece of equipment especially for the price. I recommend it to all not necessarily as your only or even first piece of kit but if you already are familiar with sequencers samplers and synths than it's great. i never really got into the sequencer in it as the mpc is much easier to program didn't get into the multi tracker cause thats why i have a roland vs1680 and logic pro, didn't get into sampling cause my mpc can sample edit so much easier (however this is one thing i do intend to delve more into eventually). things i do use on it are the amazing va synth and new sound creation by combining sounds and va/fm synth patches is amazing! and so easy to program! the mod matrix is excellent (sometimes i wish for better filters but they r not bad), importing sounds from the fusion forums is a dream come true! so easy to add thousands of free patches, and the things kpr has done is truely amazing. using the fusion as a straight up synth and sound module workstation for me has been a delight just be very careful and read before you start add sounds to it so u know your doing it right!

question! i it possible to quantize a audio instrument (not synth) recorded in the fusion's song mode if the sound came from another piece of equipment such as an asr x? if so, how exactly. i think a pair of midi cables and audio ables would be needed for this but im having a hard timw seein the fusion capable of this. this somthing i'd like to do so plz drop some knowlege on me

Last edited:
here's a question, has anyone sync'd this up to FL to trigger softsynths?

I couldn't get it going yesterday?

Thanks

Obitheincredible said:
Are you using the midi out to your interface?

Naaa i just plugged in the usb hoping global would trigger it.

When I went into the options/configuration in FL (F10) the space where the controllers are detected didn't have the fusion there.

I don't have a midi input through my pc, that's why I tried through the usb port.

Anyways I opened up vanguard, input the port to 1, selected the fusion and set in global/midi/ port 1 and still no sound...

hmmm. Any tip's?

Not bad at all. That's less than I got my 61 key for. The only thing I don't like about it is that the LFO cannot be modulated once it's synched. I was hoping to wobble it up, but a vst filter or something can fix that. Or if all else fails, I can win the lottery and get a good hardware filter unit with an LFO.

AMAZING MACHINE

better then the tritons, fantoms and motifs of its time,

Back