Akai Mpk 49/Axiom Pro 49

I haven't used the MPK 49 apart from when I checked it out in the store, the pads feel just as good as the ones on my Axiom Pro, but I heard you have to really bang them unless you've got them set on full level. The keys were pretty nice on it, comes down to if you want piano style or synth style keys. I went with the Axiom Pro because of Hypercontrol though, it's awesome barely having to touch the computer at all.

Already tried searchin google. In the time that it took you to make a post telling me to search google you could have simply told me the answer.

I did tell you the answer and told u next time to check google. u have like 10 threads asking basic google questions. ive answered most of them. next time just google elementry stuff instead of being a smart ass have a great day.

Dam, I aint trying to get no one all up tight, just asking a question. Also, I dont see where you told me to search google next time.

I have searched google for every question before I ask it on here. If I dont find anything on google, my question comes here.

Its a very simple question, what is the difference between synth and piano style keys, other then one feels heavier than the other.

Ive googled this with no sufficient results.

Try playing a piano and playing a synth.
There will be a noticeable difference,
trust me.

I have the Akai MPK49, and the pads are bad.
There is a mod you can do by opening up the controller and putting tape under the pads to make them more responsive, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Last edited:
Yeah, seen a few videos about that, seems pretty easy to do. Just put somethin under the pad so it hits the trigger easier.

Purchased the Akai Mpk 49, waitin for it to come in.

Was at the store little while ago, messin around with some of the synths, they did feel different then my piano.

Ive noticed that some keys are more box looking, while some keys have a tab sticking out, so theres a space underneath. Does the Mpk have this?

Yeah, the MPK does have the little tab on the keys.
Personally, I like the feel of the keys on the MPK.
They're not too heavy, not too light.

I was playin around with it at the store, but really dont remember the feel of it.

Also, do you need a Midi Cable for it? And what software you usin with it?

It comes with a USB cable, it has midi in and out on the back, I personally don't use those.

The controller feels quality to me. It's a lot heavier than it looks.

I use Logic 9 and Reason 4 on a Mac.

Aight. I been plannin to try it out using FL Studio 9 Demo Version, so I can get a feel for FL Studio if I decide on purchasing it as well. Do you think it will work with the Fl Studio Demo the same way it would work with the purchased FL Studio 9?

According to the FL site, I would imagine the midi controller would work the same on the demo as on the full version... the only difference between the demo and the full version is that you can't save projects in the demo version. Here's what it said on the site:

Demo Limitations

All FL Studio demo versions are fully featured, giving you access to features associated with the highest level of the program (Producer Edition). Compose new songs and export them to WAV, MP3 or OGG. The only limitation is that projects saved in demo mode will only open fully once FL Studio and plugins have been registered. This gives you the ability to save recover your original projects post-purchase.

Back