Akai Mpd16

Had the mpd16, its alright
Now I have the mpd24, now thats tight

jkfitch said:
i have the mpd24 and it' pretty good, I kinda bought inot the hype a little bit - you really can do all the same things with a keyboard

check my battle in the link below

Yea, yea. There IS alot of hype on it. Didnt care, cause I looked at all the drum pads on the market. The mpd24 is the best out, for midi drum pad controllers.

Yea, it does the same things as some keyboard controllers, but its not the same thing -- so stop saying that, cause All midi controllers are essentially the same, mainly just some extra features that the next one to it doesnt have.

Another thing, the pad on the 24 are far better than the 16. The 24 uses the mpc pads. it has 6 sliders (1 for the 16), 8 360 degree knobs (none on the 16), 4 banks (2 on the 16), 30 programable presets (1 preset on the 16), some other things. Look it up

but if you running on a low budget, and need a drum pad now, then get the 16. Then, get a mpd24.

I dont mean to hype it up more, tho
so look it up. Hit a guitar center or any other place that lets you try stuff out first. Try that out, the korg pad kontrol, the trigger finger. Basically, do what ever you can to decide for yourself, instead of running off of what everybody else says, you know?

Last edited:
lion-ucs said:
Had the mpd16, its alright
Now I have the mpd24, now thats tight

Yea, yea. There IS alot of hype on it. Didnt care, cause I looked at all the drum pads on the market. The mpd24 is the best out, for midi drum pad controllers.

Yea, it does the same things as some keyboard controllers, but its not the same thing -- so stop saying that, cause All midi controllers are essentially the same, mainly just some extra features that the next one to it doesnt have.

Another thing, the pad on the 24 are far better than the 16. The 24 uses the mpc pads. it has 6 sliders (1 for the 16), 8 360 degree knobs (none on the 16), 4 banks (2 on the 16), 30 programable presets (1 preset on the 16), some other things. Look it up

but if you running on a low budget, and need a drum pad now, then get the 16. Then, get a mpd24.

I dont mean to hype it up more, tho
so look it up. Hit a guitar center or any other place that lets you try stuff out first. Try that out, the korg pad kontrol, the trigger finger. Basically, do what ever you can to decide for yourself, instead of running off of what everybody else says, you know?

I really don't get it? I don't see any reason to get the mpd24 ... for the pads only??? smh! It's not like the knobs do much anyway ..actually what do they do that is 100 dollars more? It's cosmetically plastic looking as hell ... extra bulk with a screen now ... but if it works do you

an mpd is coo but a midi keyboard does the same thing if ur on a budget.all ur gettin is pads.i mean they are coo and all but i ended up sellin mine.just my opinion.

Fam Nice said:
I really don't get it? I don't see any reason to get the mpd24 ... for the pads only??? smh! It's not like the knobs do much anyway ..actually what do they do that is 100 dollars more? It's cosmetically plastic looking as hell ... extra bulk with a screen now ... but if it works do you

smh, dont down it til you try it
I use this whole thing, all the knobs, all the sliders, the transport of course -- everything, except the aftertouch
(on reason, not FL. I dont use my drumpad or my keyboard in FL)

I didnt get it for pads only, if that was the case I would've stuck with the mpd16. Although the pads feel better than the 16.

and the LCD is for the presets, banks, output info, etc. You can program it with the drumpad alone via firmware. (thats what the 9th knob is for)

I was looking at the korg pad kontrol before I got this thing
I tried it out. And it didnt do all of what I needed.
I mainly was looking the PK for the XY controller, but I didnt really need that. I needed the knobs and sliders. So I went with the 24, and it works perfectly. Thats why I said try 'em out, cause the triggerfinger or the korg or whatever might work better for what you need. :-\

I would go for that MPK49, dont know if its out yet tho

Back