Akai APC 40 or Ableton Push ?

Purphexa

Hey guys, im using Ableton, i made a couple of tracks and i am having a lot of fun so far and i think it's time i take it to the next level by adding a piece of hardware to my set-up. I want it both for production and practicing my Dj skillz with songs transitions, loop selections, live performance, etc...

So the question would be, should i either go with APC 40 or Ableton Push? ive heard many good things about both, did read some reviews but i am still not sure which one i should go with.

Im really enjoying Ableton and i am planning on sticking with it, even for live gigs or dj performance, so guess both options could be valid?

If any of you guys own one or the other or both or have some tips that would be super nice!

I'll be buying it in about 3 weeks, i need to make up my mind :)

If your live performance is going to revolve around just triggering loops and samples then an APC is fine. In terms of production though the Push is really really indispensable to me because it's intuitive and expressive when used as a pad based instrument. Figure out what key you are in in a record, set it on the push, and you're locked into that scale. No wrong notes! Really killer feature and would even come in handy while performing live (jamming out over a track without playing any wrong notes for example) if that's something you'd be comfortable doing.

Back