Ahhh Im Sick Of Jay-z, He Really Should Hang It Up.

a lot of words are used very loosely these days. classic,lyricist,king,hot,dope,gonna bring back real hip hop

barrysanders20 said:
The Flava Flav album is FIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEE

Now that's something I would like to hear. I don't remember what Flav's flow sounds like anymore so something from him would sound new.

Flav and ODB would have been some hot sh!t...

R.I.P ODB

Chuck D used to get mad because Flavs songs did better than most other P.E. songs. I couldn't get into Flavs songs but I knew that they fit him and he could pull that off pretty good.

Jay Z never sounded like the Reasonable Doubt Jay Z again so I stopped listening. I mean just turn the channel if I heard his voice kind of stopped listening. Maybe he's good or something.

I don't understand why people get mad if you don't like Jay Z... it just boggles my mind sometimes.

Rome it's not about not liking Jay-Z. Not everybody is gonna like every artist. But you can dislike somebody and still respect them for what they do. When you call somebody out to the point that you say they need to *quit music*, and you do this with your butt in front of a computer eating Pringles and dr. pepper and you haven't even tried to accomplish what they've done, that is straight up lame.

It's just like albums... It's cool to be like "this album is good, it's just not my style". But around here it's either, this album is a complete classic, or it sucks. Dudes that can't produce anything near that level are sitting around saying Jay-Z tracks are wack just because it's not their preference. Dudes that don't know jack about the music industry are criticizing every move cats make, as if there aren't really strings attached in the real life world. Anybody that's selling at that level is dealing with issues most of us haven't even begun to think about. It's not like sitting at home with Cubase rapping for your friend's mixtape. There are millions of dollars (and plenty of other stuff) on the line.

It's cool for somebody not to like a rapper, but when you go so far that you say a legit rappers's songs are garbage, they suck, they're wack, or they should give up music, especially somebody this talented, you better have some really amazing stuff of your own you can back it up with

Last edited:
codexlf said:
Rome it's not about not liking Jay-Z. Not everybody is gonna like every artist. But you can dislike somebody and still respect them for what they do. When you call somebody out to the point that you say they need to *quit music*, and you do this with your butt in front of a computer eating Pringles and dr. pepper and you haven't even tried to accomplish what they've done, that is straight up lame.

It's just like albums... It's cool to be like "this album is good, it's just not my style". But around here it's either, this album is a complete classic, or it sucks. Dudes that can't produce anything near that level are sitting around saying Jay-Z tracks are wack just because it's not their preference. Dudes that don't know jack about the music industry are criticizing every move cats make, as if there aren't really strings attached in the real life world. Anybody that's selling at that level is dealing with issues most of us haven't even begun to think about. It's not like sitting at home with Cubase rapping for your friend's mixtape. There are millions of dollars (and plenty of other stuff) on the line.

It's cool for somebody not to like a rapper, but when you go so far that you say a legit rappers's songs are garbage, they suck, they're wack, or they should give up music, especially somebody this talented, you better have some really amazing stuff of your own you can back it up with

exactly:cheers:

never bought one of his albums so i dont care, I hope he Really!! does stop now, and move over for the new cats comin up.

oh sorry **** em i bought Reasonable Doubt.:D

Last edited:
Personally if I don't like something I am going to believe, by my tastes, that it is wack.Jay-Z is a good lyricsist, amazing flow, ok bla bla bla.Does that mean that he is incapable of falling off?Of course now.Show Me What You Got is, by Jay-Z standards, a wack single.[Dont bring up he always does wack singles first]
Change Clothes, most people find it corny, lyrically that **** was tight.
"Best believe I sweat out weaves/Give afropuffs like R-A-G-E"
"I aint no NewJack, nobody gonna Wesley Snipes me/Thats less than likely, move back/"
"He is to the eastcoast what snoop is/To the westcoast, what Face is to Houston/"
Do you see the flow?Even the lyrics is hot.("Gotta keep a piece(peace) like a Buddhist"
But on Show Me What You Got, he says NOTHING.His flow is ok but by Hov standards, it's sloppy.The wordplay, yawn, and his lyrics are corny.
I believe that ANY track in which Jay-Z says "Lil mama" and "Bird lady" are automatically wack.
He needs to stop hanging out with Young Jeezy and Rick Ross, and get back in the same mindframe he was in when he made Blueprint 2, because if Show Me Whatcha Got is any indication of how [lyrically] Kingdom Come is going to be I won't be purchasing it.

^^Ahhh don't worry Jay won't dissapoint.

As for Nas......hmm.....LOL

jay z is over rated...everybody from the east coast mostly ,ride his dick. he needs to retire his dumb azz and keep fukin beyonce b4 she has the sense to invest in sum glasses and dumps his fugly azz

Haha go man go that is a killer diss! Jay is still just as good as ever

codexlf said:
This stuff is starting to piss me off. Why don't YOU hang it up. Dudes that have accomplished next to nothing in comparison, haven't even barely got off their butt and into the game, are constantly hating on dudes that put their whole life into hustling and doing smart business and getting to where they got.

If you think he's so wack, why don't you come out and do better, actually put some effort in and get to where he is, deal with all the crap he's had to deal with and label politics and millions of fans, and then a bunch of Broke Fruity Loop Grandma's Computer Using Grahm Cracking Eating scrubs can tell you how they're tired of you and you should quit.

Wtf. Stfu and go produce something.

LOL @ how nobody believed him when he retired ,so nobody really cared when he came back. he has to give people more credit than that

He never really left. He had a lot of us thinking thinking he was not coming back. Deep down, he knew he wasn't finished with putting out albums. To him, Hip Hop is a drug and he's an addict. His singles were just club joints to sell records. To say his albums were wack, can YOU put out a better album? I think the fans expect too much from him and get upset when he drops somethng and they don't like it. Don't complain put out something better!!!

Back