Adele's Album "21" Reaches Diamond in Sales

Kendall143

Selling many albums has always been an impressive feat but in today's world, where artists find it harder to go platinum, Adele one upped the precious metal counterpart and went diamond. Releasing her album 21 all the way back in January, the English singer has now sold 10,020,000 copies!

The album reached diamond status in 92 weeks and is the third fastest to reach such a milestone in the Nielsen Soundscan era trailing ‘N Sync’s No Strings Attached (43 weeks) and Backstreet Boys’ Millennium (39 weeks).

21 has also spent 24 non-consecutive weeks on top of Billboard 200, which is the highest since Soundscan started tracking data in back 1991.

Adele’s Album "21" Reaches Diamond in Sales | Complex

Hopefully her next album won't be too experimental as people try to do on their next big hits.

Her Skyfall theme was dope. Once you do a James Bond theme you're pretty much icon status.

sorry I forget that says R&B there

I've just always considered Adele pop...a pop star that actually happens to have a soul haha

what if she didn't do the paperwork? lol ouch

"yo, my boy hooked me up with this contract from his friend's lawyer, who said this is like professional and shit...........so I signed it yo. and then I got like a 50k advance and I bought a 100k piece for my neck. money comin' in, I iz ballin'!"

three years later

"yo, *****, hand me that...............oh, ok, UPS is hiring, thank god". :cool:

=============================================

you will see many more of these (diamond albums) once the myspace/"far east asian connection" deal materializes and they start to open up the Chinese/Japanese/South Korean market (!!!).

Aye... lol, forget the Twinkies and Oatmeal Raisin cookies for a sec...

wouldn't that be a good flipped Snoop song though, lol

Rollin' in the sweets! Rollin' in the sweets!...

I don't smoke so I don't know if Swisher sweets are even still around. Have Jewell sing the hook, lol.

Oh, Jewell sang for us all... Pac, Eazy E, Dre... watch the vid, lol Suge didn't pay her either.

Jewell even got into a screaming match with Aaron Hall back in the day... BUT! Aaron put that beeyatch in her place.

The Nasty Man owns all ho's... and checks all beeyatches.... HE IS THE CHUCK NORRIS OF RnB... yezzir.

"One time Aaron Hall sang to a bytch and she told her man... friend zone ain't that bad.... we can still be friends... right?"

Last edited:
I love Adele's music. 21 was more pop and hype. 19 was a more organic and all around album. It was more versatile. 21 had the same message in every song on the album. Both albums are great. Adele can really sing. This just goes to show you that if you have quality music, you can sale albums without having to sell your soul (dress slutty and dance like a stripper). On a side note, Backstreet Boys and N'Sync went diamond in 39 and 43 weeks? Yes, it was a different era and these albums were no where near the quality of Adele's album but a feat none the less.

Back