ACCIDENTLY ERASED MY TRAKTOR LIBRARY...How do I fix it?!

CowboyClyde

Hey all,

I recently swapped hard drives in my MacBook Pro but I used this program called Carbon Copy Cloner, which essentially just copies over everything from one hard drive to the other. No special formatting required, etc.
Like when I turned on my computer with the new hard drive, everything was the same and I didn't have to do any additional formatting with my programs.

When I tried to open Traktor, I got this message:

click to see image

When I tried to open the correct folder, Traktor reset and i lost my entire collection. I then tried to upload the Back Up Collection but every time I try, it freezes up like this:

How can I go about fixing this ASAP, as I have a few parties I'm playing at this weekend....

Last edited by a moderator:
sadly this is the downside of using software that may not copy exactly what it purports to do; it copies everything but the original ssid/guid for the drive
- most likely the ssid/guid for the drive image for your traktor install is embedded in it's internal settings

you will probably have to find this and edit the associated parameter to be the same

if not good luck recreating your sets :).........

usually computers, when you delete something it's still there for a random amount of time until it's replaced by a more recent delete.If you can't find it, you'll have to save it next time on the cloud, or external harddrives.There's programs that'll let you see the stuff that was kann off the recycle/trash bin.

Back