Ableton Projects for Christmas

bigl2369

I think it would be excellent if there was a place where you could get complete projects for Ableton with Midi files containing CC data. You would need to get some VSTs to go along with the project. By having a full project with a bunch of VSTs loaded up and MIDI files with envelopes drawn, it would give you insight on how to make music. Also if there were tutorials for these projects showing you how the VSTs were selected and the MIDI done, that would make creativity a lot easier(essentially the artist doing the tutorial would be sharing with you his creative motives). Not to mention that if there were tons of projects for tons of songs, you would be able to mix and match your assets(your pre-set-up VSTs, and MIDI files with envelopes) by opening up two instances of Ableton and dragging and dropping in between them.

Last edited:
sounds the same as watching any full length start to finish production session. Just follow along.

You dont need the same VSTs. Using different VSTs and doing the same thing will help you more than copying the videos parameter settings exactly as they are.

Last edited:
And yes I think its important that I would be using the same VSTs. And if I wasn't using the same VSTs, I wouldn't be understanding how the sound was coming together as a whole. And besides, I'm having a lot of trouble with creativity. I don't think there would be anything wrong with copying another artist. Nor do I think I wouldn't be able to gain creative insight.

I know I said just VSTs(and this would entail the MIDI for them), but I suppose the tutorials and project files would probably include audio tracks too. This would involve selecting audio files, tempo-syncing them, arranging them, playing them in reverse, and pitch shifting them. There would also be VST effects applied to audio tracks.

Besides mixing your tracks there really isn't anything else.

Last edited:
Back