Ableton problem

T-MAN

In session view, I click the play button on any one of the individual midi tracks and it plays all the tracks at once. This seems to be the default setting when I open Live. It does not seem to recognize the tracks as individual components.

Reading the manual has not helped.

Solutions? Thanks

Last edited:
Are you sure that you are launching individual midi tracks and not the entire scenes?

Also, I am not sure if this is what is happening or not but, hitting play in 1 clip in session view doesn't automatically stop the other. It shouldn't start all if they are all stopped, but it won't stop the previous ones just because you hit play on another.

Last edited:
Are you sure that you are launching individual midi tracks and not the entire scenes?

Also, I am not sure if this is what is happening or not but, hitting play in 1 clip in session view doesn't automatically stop the other. It shouldn't start all if they are all stopped, but it won't stop the previous ones just because you hit play on another.

I'm clicking the play arrow in the individual track, so i'm assuming this should not play the entire scene?

Basically I'll load an instrument in 1 MIDI, another in 2 MIDI and when I press play on either of the tracks, the other track will also play, playing the whole scence at once.

Not normal or maybe something I'm doing wrong...

Thanks

It sure isn't normal. I'm baffled, I tried to look for the answer to it but I just can't find it.

Are you making sure the other channels are stopped by clicking the empty square at the bottom of each channel? I'm guessing you just haven't figured out how it works yet.

Are you making sure the other channels are stopped by clicking the empty square at the bottom of each channel? I'm guessing you just haven't figured out how it works yet.

lol, you just solved my problem.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Glad I could help man. You can also stop a clip by clicking on the square by on an empty clip that's in the same channel. You'll figure it all out pretty fast. Ableton is the only DAW I've used and I figured almost everything out in just a few weeks. It's so simple; I love it.

Live is an issue, here's your tissue for your investment.

im just kidding but live is a pain in the boot

Live is an issue, here's your tissue for your investment.

im just kidding but live is a pain in the boot

Ha. It can be if you don't know what the hell you're doing. But so can any other DAW. I've tried other DAWs like Cubase, FL Studio, and Bitwig and I just couldn't do what I wanted like I can in Live. I guess it's all about how you work. I started making music inside of Maschine standalone so the whole clip/scene thing is really easy to me. I could see Live being hard if you're a beginner and don't know much about producing because it has like no graphical interface like some other DAWs have. You have to know like all the terms to be able to really know what you're doing.
I've learned Live faster than any other software I've used so it has a big thumbs up from me. I'm not a fanboy or anything but I love how it lets me get my ideas out so easily.

Back