Ableton Live & NI Maschine Workflow

Snow Beatz

What's the best way to work with Maschine in Ableton Live?
I hate to use Maschine as vst plugin because it doesn't allow me to
do what mashince is capable of...
I tried to make a template to record Maschine's (VST) midi separately and directly into Live's each channel using external instrument, HATED IT. I mean, I see it's possible to do that way, but there are too many
mouse clicking which all maschine users wanted to avoid.
And there is another guy on YouTube showing how to use Maschine as
standalone and assign output to each channel in live, and sequence in Maschine. what's the point of this?
So what I decided to do is very simple, but not the best way I guess...
I use Live and Maschine simultaneously, and sync live with maschine.
When beat is done, I drag and drop each sounds to live as audio and
finish up in Live. This way I don't really have to click anything until it's ready to mix.

How do you use them together?

i mostly just use maschine as a VST and for automation for now. in MIDI mode whatever function you want a knob or button to have you can map out pretty easily. just use edit MIDI map in ableton and control editor in maschine. there should be some templates on the NI forums if you want more, and if you're not satisfied then maybe look into Bome's MIDI translator which i don't know much about

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82226&page=12

I prefer it standalone but then I also rarely use abelton now...
but drag and drop of midi and patterns is kinda built with ableton in mind. hell you can even build you beat in standalone then open it as a vst and drag and drop each pattern into a clip...

standalone then export groups except ya drum kit. use export sounds for that group. works for me in logic. best wishes.

What's the best way to work with Maschine in Ableton Live?
I hate to use Maschine as vst plugin because it doesn't allow me to
do what mashince is capable of...
I tried to make a template to record Maschine's (VST) midi separately and directly into Live's each channel using external instrument, HATED IT. I mean, I see it's possible to do that way, but there are too many
mouse clicking which all maschine users wanted to avoid.
And there is another guy on YouTube showing how to use Maschine as
standalone and assign output to each channel in live, and sequence in Maschine. what's the point of this?
So what I decided to do is very simple, but not the best way I guess...
I use Live and Maschine simultaneously, and sync live with maschine.
When beat is done, I drag and drop each sounds to live as audio and
finish up in Live. This way I don't really have to click anything until it's ready to mix.

How do you use them together?

I just use it as a plug in in ableton...I hated the fact that I had to at first but once you accept it, you figure out new things you can do with both of them combined; it opens up new worlds

BTW...NI just announced that v 1.6 will be hosting plug-ins!!!

use maschine as a standalone
I agree. These two beasts will only end up diminishing each other.
If I had Maschine I probably wouldn't use Live at all actually.

To use Live in your setup: do the whole song with Maschine then put the sections of audio into Live to mash it up. that's how i would do it

Back