Ableton Live 8.2.8 And Toneport UX1 Incompatibility causing skipping at low cpu (MAC)

Hi everyone :), I've been using Ableton Live for quite a while now, but recently my toneport and ableton seem to be having problems talking to each other. Every time I record using it it causes a massive amount of skipping which makes it impossible to record with. My toneport isn't broken because it works perfectly with Logic and Reaper, but I need to use ableton because I need to begin performing stuff and using a centralised hub thing to do it and I don't want to fish out money for a new audio interface. It used to work before, but I can't for the life of me work out what is wrong with it. I've tried reinstalling ableton, upgrading it, reinstalling drivers from line6 etc. It hasn't done anything. Do any of you have any idea what could be wrong or any idea of what to do? I have a feeling it might possibly be down to a clash between core-audio and line6' usb interface because the driver type is core-audio but the input and output is line6. Except I have no other option to choose a line6 specific driver for recording with?

Cheers!

I'm not familiar with macs, but I assume they allow you to increase your buffer size somewhere. That should do the trick.

I'm not familiar with macs, but I assume they allow you to increase your buffer size somewhere. That should do the trick.

I've done that before, it just made more latency and did nothing to stop the stuttering.

And to Krusher, I just haven't bothered updating it, maybe I should haha

Last edited:
Back