Ableton CPU and djing on ableton w/ macbook

H

hart36

i have a macbook pro 2.2ghz intel core duo with 2gb of ram. im starting to play my projects live, of which my cpu goes to about 25/30 %. i havent made a whole set yet with al my various project clips, but i see people like baths/mono poly use the little white old macbooks. im trying to figure out if its my settings on ableton. the fact that i need more ram, if my macbook might might need and OS upgrade, or my ableton might need an upgrade. could anybody help me out with this by chance. was wondering what the average cpu levels are when playing live is also.

Thanks!

Are you using midi clips or freeze-> flatten to get them to audio?

If you haven't that might help.

yes im not going to actually use any synths etc when playing except for live effect racks. just audio clips to launch. my problem is im hitting about 20% when im playing other peoples beats in simple mp3 audio waveform with a few fx racks and two audio channels open, so i dunno whats gonna happen when i play a whole projects of audio clips. oh and i only render one bar of the clip to loop obviously. my battery sucks too dunno if that would affect anything.

If you're doing this whil not using the electricity cord, you might want to check your computers battery savings mode or something.

Sounds strange anyway, are you using asio drivers?

20% isn't the worst but it could be better yeah, more ram would help too. It tends to be plugins too that eat the cpu in live. As for the battery, I'm not sure how bad your battery is but I do know that if you're battery is totally screwed, almost to the point that it holds no charge, the system can undervolt the cpu to prevent it from shutting down if the cpu requires more power than what the ac adapter can supply.

yeah my cpu rocks about 20 tops also when m playing just two audio channels with other peoples tracks with like 2 live effect rakcs on the master. which i think is weird seeing my mate play after with a whol buncha clips and shit on his small white macbook

By having a chain of EFX in live you could dramatically increase cpu load. You need to freeze your tracks that the only way. When you make a beat and that u are satisfy with the way it sound, freeze all the clips and save them as for example Mybeat freeze. You will then have 2 project of the same beat: The full project with MIDI and all EFX and the Frozen project wich will be audio only.
For MPC style Note Repeat ,Check the NOTE REPEATER application from the Mac App Store there is a video on youtube: NOTE REPEATER smk7dev

Back