Ableton and mpd24

M

m21m

I am kinda new to Ableton and wanted to know why mpd 16levels and full level mode don't work like it supposed to work in Ableton (i am using mpd24).
Problem is that when i drag kick drum in drum rack and paly it everyting is fine, but i don't understand whay 16 level mode don't work - when i switch to 16 level mode that one kick drum plays on all the 16 pads with the same velocity level, no matter what pad i am hitting. But it should change velocity level on each pad - is there some kidna setting for this i am missing in Abelton?

Unfortunately Akai has software issues with MPDs. I have the MPD18, and I (along with many others) have yet to get Note Repeat to work. Its waaay off beat, no matter what u do. I don't have the 16 levels feature, but its possible ableton is not the problem.. it might be akai.

Good luck getting everything to work tho man. I hope there's a way.

Yea, it's probably mpd24 not Ableton - i also spend a while googling to figure out how to make mpd24 transport buttons work inside Ableton.
By the way didn't you also was or still are a Reason user? Don't know why but by your nick name i remeber you as a Reason user.

I think it actually is Live - when you drag a sample to a Drum Rack pad, the Simpler it loads defaults to velocity 0 - in other words, everything plays at the same volume regardless of received velocity messages. Turn up the velocity.

It's probably what krushing said, just change the vel->vol to a higher setting. I have changed the default on mine, you might want to consider that

Back