A way to have less artifacts in Fl studio when time stretching??? help!

I was messing with a vocal in FL and was trying to time stretch it. Before i continue Im NOT using any of the slicers,fpc, or edison(i just dont get the slicers an edison smh). I chopped the sample in adobe audition cs 5.5 and I put it in a channel in FL. I was messing with the knobs in the channel settings doing what i always do but for this sample i ran into a little road block, when adjusting the TIME MULTIPLIER knob(mul) trying stretch out the length a bit cause its a sample with a chic hitting a note and its kind of short so I wanted to make it kind of longer... but when i do its just waaay too much artifacts and mechanical sounding...

Anyone one have any tips about being about to do things of that nature without all the artifacts? I been kind of running into this situation for years but never knew how to put the question in words until recently LOL. I HATE this issue! someone told me mpcs an other hardware dont go through this issue because of "Up sampling" or whatever the hell that is... anyway around this??

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
^^^ I know that, I dont want to do that lol. Maybe I should have said "is there a way around this to get the same effect i want without the artifacts." Thanks for trying. Im guessing it cant happen in Fl, smh.

Yeah you have to be realistic about it. You can try to make it more natural but stretching doesn't sound natural.

Before stretching existed, there was the old "cut and paste" technique.

But if you really wanna stretch, the most sensible way in my opinion is to record at the highest sample rate possible with the hardware you have. If you have hardware that can record at 96khz, even better 192khz, you should get less artifacts. (It just means that you have more samples per second to stretch.)

Of course the algorithm used as well is important. Pro tools elastic audio works very well for me.

Last edited:
I remember FL offered a very wide array of interpolation options for rendering. Switch to Sinc interpolation, the highest possible (probably "Sinc 512"). Rendering will take years (you won't be able to preview it in real-time), but it should sound very nice.

^^^ hmmm. I'll give that a shot. I have yet to understand the "elastic'" and "tonal" or whatever else. Those are inside the channel settings.

Back