A simple question regarding DAW's

SomeRandomKid

I want a DAW to which I can record hardware synthesizers, and provides a good editing system. I also need to it be able to support plugins, since some of the production will contain a small amounts of synth/drum plugins such as Battery 3.

I've been using FL Studio, and I want to try something different. I'd like to know what my options are.

Any Suggestions, or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

my suggestiono would be to get demos of everything and find out what you work best w/ for what you are doing

cosine+ was me getting the 7 char minimum and saying that I agreed with rayzer - cosine is the sine wave advanced 90[sup]o[/sup] in phase so it was kind of a synthesis joke as well.

Pretty much any DAW can do that. Logic and Cubase are great, I like a lot of the plugins they come with. But I'd definitely support Reaper as well.

You should check out ableton as well.

The audio editing isn't as extensive as for cubase and logic at least, but the simplicity and creative approach more then makes up for it imo.

You should check out ableton as well.

My recommendations also. Especially if you're looking for a new angle with a lot of creative/improvisational potential, be sure to check it out.

Also, Reaper is quite an astonishing achievement these days, yes. Highly customisable (and you can use a lot of time doing that - but it's worth it), and very efficient, overall. As always, there's a learning curve to get some actual mileage of the deeper functionality.

And oh, if the concept interests you enough, you might want to hold back to see how Bitwig turns out :)

Been spreading the word about Sonar X1, they finally got most bug fixes worked out, and you get some of the best x64 plugins all bundled in one great package, with plenty of room for spreading out, rewire, and lots of flexibility. Producer version of course, but anyway IMHO, best bang for the buck! Good luck!

Back