A few Open labs Miko questions answered...Mimik too!

My miko is GREAT. And I'm an IT consultant, and no you could not get the equivalent stuff for under $2000.

You won't find ONE person that owns the open labs product that doesn't like it. But you will find plenty of people who haven't had any in depth experience with the unit, that all of a sudden have "expert" opinions.

LOL.

I agree with you Troup:

Here's basically the specs of the new Ol products. Though, if you doubt me Troup, do a Sandra Report, and post it to us. Only thing dif is the Mobo here, and probably the fans (but these are probably much better than the ones OL is selling anyway). And also, I didnt throw in the touch monitor, and soundcard so add another $700-800, give or take (thats for a 18'' model BTW,and I think the keyboards come with 15'' so, -$100 if its 15). But the processor and video card, and hd's are the same specs as the ol.

Total= Around $1450 (S&H and taxes included)

• CAS: Apevia X-Cruiser 2 Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window & MultiMeter Display (Black Color)
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts Power Supplies (Thermaltake ToughPower 600 Watt Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+82])
  • CPU: (Quad-Core)Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66GHz 1333FSB 6MB L2 Cache 64-bit [+26]
  • FAN: Thermaltake V1 Gaming CPU Cooling Fan (Excellent Overclocking + Silent Proof + Smart CPU & System Thermal Monitor)(Venom Boost Pro OC Certified) [+49]
  • MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) Asus P5N72-T Premium nForce 780i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard
  • MEMORY: 4GB (2x2GB) PC8500 DDR2/1066 Dual Channel Memory [+194] (Corsair Dominator)(ol might use ddr3, idk, but its about the same as far as price)
  • FREEBIE_RM: None
  • VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB DDR3 PCI-Express DVI-I & TVO [-26] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
  • HDD: Single Hard Drive (1TB (1TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+31])
  • HDD2: Single Hard Drive [+47] (1TB (1TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+36])
  • CD: LG 22X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Dual Layer Drive (BLACK COLOR)
  • SOUND: 3D WAVE ON-BOARD 5.1 SOUND CARD
  • SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
  • MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
  • WNC: PCI Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Network Interface Card [+19]
  • IEEE_CARD: NONE
  • USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
  • OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 3 [+119]
  • CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
  • CARE2: CoolerMaster Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]
  • CARE3: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]

My miko is GREAT. And I'm an IT consultant, and no you could not get the equivalent stuff for under $2000.

You won't find ONE person that owns the open labs product that doesn't like it. But you will find plenty of people who haven't had any in depth experience with the unit, that all of a sudden have "expert" opinions.

LOL.

Amen, the best purchase I have ever made...I'm a dude who owned a SSL (about 10 other consoles) and about 25 synths in my life
:cheers:

I agree with you Troup:

Here's basically the specs of the new Ol products. Though, if you doubt me Troup, do a Sandra Report, and post it to us. Only thing dif is the Mobo here, and probably the fans (but these are probably much better than the ones OL is selling anyway). And also, I didnt throw in the touch monitor, and soundcard so add another $700-800, give or take (thats for a 18'' model BTW,and I think the keyboards come with 15'' so, -$100 if its 15). But the processor and video card, and hd's are the same specs as the ol.

Total= Around $1450 (S&H and taxes included)

U still have to put software on it, and u still have to get support for it.

Don't forget the additional controllers as well...the bump mp, and the DJ controls.

Miko Haters.

I think people might be mad cuz they can't afford one. I'm not quite sure yet.

I think there they good at what they do. Its an all-in-one box. Some people want that, some people already have all the pieces included in it and dont need to purchase it. IDK, it is silly to debate this....

-1-

I agree. I think equipment should be on your PREFERENCE, and what you feel is best. Mark Ronson uses 1 mic to record his live drums, and nobody's like you should've done this, or used electronic drums, ez drummer, etc. At the end of the day, 2 beat makers using totally dif equipment can come out with the same idea.

But the reason why I believe OL gets bashed is because of its PRICE and SOME STEREOTYPE TOO FAST.

Needless to say my only point is that it is actually overpriced, No Offense. When I spend +5000 bucks, it better come with Komplete, Pro tools, a fast a$$ cd/bluray/dvd burner and EWQL plugins, and a better processor, and faster hd's, and automated faders. Their plugin choice IMO is somewhat poor, with only purity and sylenth being top choices, and tons of free plugins. I know the Tim's came with the proteus x, but 2 things, 1 that is hell of a cpu hog vst which is why they switched to dimension le on the new series and added those packs, and 2, it is kinda of hard to configure and route when you step out of reaper. And reaper as the main sequencer, BS. No offense.

This is only my advice to the user is contemplating about the board frantically, and really wants an in depth analysis.

My advice. Pick up this when it comes out, a decent midi controller, and a firewire ext hd.

http://www.gadgetfolder.com/hp-and-dr-dre-envy-15-limited-edition-laptop.html

man those miko/neko are bad as hell.. i like the look and everything in 1 box. but its just TOO expensive and im still gon be usin my mpc's and its just gon be another computer where i track stuff in. once i get my paper game up a lil, i wouldnt mind pickin this up tho.

well the interface on those mikos is low quality. go ask some audio engineers and some top studios why they're not using them.

but at the end of the day you decide. If you got the money go and buy it

Last edited:
Back