9th Wonder Documentary Clip-The Listening

mwandishi

Saw this clip of 9th from his just dropped documentary. This clip talks about how they made Little Brother's first album the Listening. He says they mixed the 1st album on speakers with no stereo, and had go to the car to judge the pan. Anyway check it. 9th drops a couple of nice points in there. I'm gonna try to get the full thing later.

Last edited:
Is it bad I think he's fallen off in recent years a bit? That rough sound from the Listening is what made him amazing. I'm referring to that Tutankhamen project he did, I thought that shit was awful.

Is it bad I think he's fallen off in recent years a bit? That rough sound from the Listening is what made him amazing. I'm referring to that Tutankhamen project he did, I thought that shit was awful.
Agree the beats don't bang like they use to. But it seems like a lot of his focus has been outside of music, trying to maximize his brand. Teaching, movie, label, a production team (khysis still bring it, and Eric G got some heat), etc.

The beats from that project was beats he made through out his career most if not all of those beats are from the "The Listening" era. I watched him pick the beats for that project on ustream by opening up FL sessions on this old ass desktop pc.

The beats from that project was beats he made through out his career most if not all of those beats are from the "The Listening" era. I watched him pick the beats for that project on ustream by opening up FL sessions on this old ass desktop pc.

there are two different versions of tutankhamen? the first one definitely sounded like the beats from the listening and minstrel show, the valley of kings sounded different to me, especially the drums.

this beat is dope

there are two different versions of tutankhamen? the first one definitely sounded like the beats from the listening and minstrel show, the valley of kings sounded different to me, especially the drums.

this beat is dope

I concede that's dope... But the stuff he put up on DJ Booth were shit.

Back