64 bit? my Mac or logic?

HalfBlacko0000

Good Music
Hey guys I have another question for ya I'm running logic pro x with 32 bit lives I have a mid 2012 iMac I5 with 20 gigs of ram now when I open up LX and go to the CPU it says that i only have 4 cores available like it was in 32 bit logic 9 now why that? Is it my computer or is it because I'm using 32bit lives in LX in theory though I should have more then 4 cores or is it because I have a I5 and not a I7 processor?

Yea its a dumb question...my family couldn't afford a computer growing up so just imagine not using one till you where in your late 20s I'm sure you'd be confused on what operates what and why stuff works the way it does...I guess I should Of just asked how do you get more cores to show up i . The CPU meter

Processor is the engine.Stronger and faster the more gets done in a set period of time. 1.3ghz amd/intel atom will be a daewoo engine for reference.
Ram is how much real-time data can be stored at any given time without filling to the point of being difficult to fit everything into the vehicle slowing everything down with driving.
Hard-drive is gonna be similar but in a sense of how much can be put in the machine at any given time and is just storage in comparison to the temporary luggage in use while the car moves.

32bit is just 2-3 of random access at any given time while 64 bit is a larger storage area that holds a lot more.

32 bit's like a small car while 64 bit's a Big vehicle, like...Jeeps,Suvs trucks etc.
32bit is fine for small-medium luggage but if you plan on doing crazy stuff and experiments it'd be easier to just find a 64bit machine with 4-64gb of ram.
8gb is pretty cheap.

The most obvious advantage of a 64-bit OS is the RAM usage - while even the 32-bit OSX versions were generous enough to be able to utilize more than 4Gbs of RAM (unlike 32-bit Windows), single apps (like 32-bit Logic) were still bound to that 4Gb limit. The 64-bit OSX versions are not limited to this.

I'm not entirely sure what "32 bit lives" is supposed to mean, but the i5 is a 64-bit CPU & you have plenty of RAM, so no reason to hold back.

32 bit lives is new program that you can run 32 bit plugins in a 64 bit application it works awesome you should def check it out krushing sound radix is the company name.
I wanted to thank you guys for breaking it down for me so I understood what you where talking about.

Ha, I actually accidentally came across it somewhere else and instantly realized that's probably what you were talking about. It's actually called just "32 Lives", btw.

Back