6 Things

Agreed with everything, especially #2

2. Get out and play shows

You can’t sit on Twitter or Facebook or Muzooka all day and expect things to happen. I mean, they’ll happen on those platforms too, but for an artist, the most important “social media platform” remains the Stage. You must get out there and play music for actual humans and let those humans form an actual emotional connection to your songs, and feel a personal connection to you – that’s how loyalty and love is created, and those are the things that drive people to spread the word. The internet is here to supplement the fundamental music industry bottom line: nothing replaces a great live performance and good word-of-mouth.

If you've been at this for years, consider yourself a professional, and don't do shows...how the fucc you got the nerve to ask anyone for money or for people to take you and your craft seriously? Too many dumb niggas these days think Twitter+Soundcloud+website+Youtube+Facebook=PROFIT, then complain when they can't "live off beats" with their lame hustle.

^^ I don't understand your argument, are you talking from the perspective of an artist or a producer?

Why would a producer play shows to live off beats? Maybe those EDM guys but for the most part you have me confused Pumpthrust.

^^ I don't understand your argument, are you talking from the perspective of an artist or a producer?

Why would a producer play shows to live off beats? Maybe those EDM guys but for the most part you have me confused Pumpthrust.
I'm speaking for both. As a "producer" in a hiphop context, you are creating music, you're creating art. Seems like a waste to to put time and energy into something that just gonna get lost in the mix. Why not grab an emcee or singer, create a setlist and build a live act? Then advertise your live gigs on social media? Social media is a crutch for lazy dudes.

Back