50 Cent - The Funeral (Official Music Video) - NEW AFTER SHADY DEPATURE!

You guys are out of touch actually. Check the comments most places this is posted and people are ****ing with this heavy. You don't succeed in music by directly attempting to be a commercial success...you succeed by being authentic and giving people something they can't get anywhere else. You guys are lost. This is the best 50 record in a very long time. He's been cold..but this was a pleasant surprise.

Show me what's authentic about a multimillion dollar business man, who doesn't live in the ghetto anymore, making hood music.

I'll wait.

Last edited:
Uhh at one point he wasn't that guy he and he was living a lot of the shit he's talking about....a person making art based on their past isn't being authentic because its not happening at this moment?

Uhh at one point he wasn't that guy he and he was living a lot of the shit he's talking about....a person making art based on their past isn't being authentic because its not happening at this moment?

good points by both you and him. But yeah 50 cent can't really connect with that past anymore. He's come up. He's changed. If anything it would be more authentic if his music matured like Ross or Jay-z. His music is marketed to guys 30 and under from 10 years ago. These people have grown up and matured. He's trying to reach an audience that has changed with the same music.

good points by both you and him. But yeah 50 cent can't really connect with that past anymore. He's come up. He's changed. If anything it would be more authentic if his music matured like Ross or Jay-z. His music is marketed to guys 30 and under from 10 years ago. These people have grown up and matured. He's trying to reach an audience that has changed with the same music.

To me, this is the biggest problem. He's creating content for a generation of hiphop fans who have matured. The 20 year olds who were listening to 50 a decade ago are now in their mid 30s/40s. They have matured, and the content of killing/murder/crack doesn't appeal to them any longer. The new generation of hiphop fans grew up with party themes, ie, using drugs, clubs, partying... The content of "Gangster Music" doesn't appeal to the new generation of hiphop fans. So 50 is creating content for a group that has matured and too old to be listening to it, and a group that never grew up and liked that content to begin with.

It would be ridiculous if he reinvented himself and tried to rap about current themes. He should move forward as an Executive Producer, scout talent and sign them to his label.

To me, this is the biggest problem. He's creating content for a generation of hiphop fans who have matured. The 20 year olds who were listening to 50 a decade ago are now in their mid 30s/40s. They have matured, and the content of killing/murder/crack doesn't appeal to them any longer. The new generation of hiphop fans grew up with party themes, ie, using drugs, clubs, partying... The content of "Gangster Music" doesn't appeal to the new generation of hiphop fans. So 50 is creating content for a group that has matured and too old to be listening to it, and a group that never grew up and liked that content to begin with.

It would be ridiculous if he reinvented himself and tried to rap about current themes. He should move forward as an Executive Producer, scout talent and sign them to his label.

exactly someone else gets what I've been trying to say. It's not to say his songs aren't good, it's just the audience isn't really there anymore.

50 needs to get him some skinny denim, cuddle up to Miley Cyrus, make some edm-rap songs with a white singer on the hook, start rappin about emotions and generic positive ish, and he'll have a hit.

Why is everyone assuming he wants to make a commercial trap / edm / pop hit featuring Miley or Pitbull or Bieber? He ain't after that, he earns more from his other ventures than he will ever make from music. He just wants to make music that he thinks sounds good, and this is it.

Why is everyone assuming he wants to make a commercial trap / edm / pop hit featuring Miley or Pitbull or Bieber? He ain't after that, he earns more from his other ventures than he will ever make from music. He just wants to make music that he thinks sounds good, and this is it.
Why are you assuming we did? It was a joke.

Thats not what it seems is going on here... people are just knockin 50 period...
He'd be better off wit comin out droppin mixtapes n touring b4 signing to another label....
with a track record of nonsense for rappers

All jokes aside, what people really want from 50 is a banger...and the Funeral isn't it. His recent output is audible Nyquil, real talk. That Funeral track felt more like a eulogy for 50's career.

This is old mixtape 50. I'm not sure he's making music trying to "sell" right now, he's already rich. I think he just wants to make what he feels is hot. I can't knock that. I personally think the song is dope, but a little more enthusiasm could have been put into the vocals. Lyrics were crazy, this is the stuff that makes me think 50 deserved to be mentioned amongst the greats. I can understand fans of "In Da Club" or "Candy Shop" not liking this sound from him. But if this had been on a mixtape right before GRODT dropped it would be a classic. We'd be playing this against his new shyt talking about how he fell off.

Last edited:
It's not bad.... it's 50 in his element... 50 CENT fans will dig this but can you be a rapper still talking about the guns violence for nearly 20 years and still be relevant? idk .. He's need to follow Jay Z's blueprint

So when rappers cant sell any more records, they start "doing it for the art."

He Cares about selling albums. Don't fool yourself. He's competitive. He should be competing in a different field.

BTW, I think the song is dope..content, beat, everything. But it still won't push any units.

Last edited by a moderator:
So when rappers cant sell any more records, they start "doing it for the art."

He Cares about selling albums. Don't fool yourself. He's competitive. He should be competing in a different field.

BTW, I think the song is dope..content, beat, everything. But it still won't push any units.

Can he or not sell any more, I don't know. What I know is, he has the best contacts and all the money in the world, he has access to best producers and we all know he can write, you think he couldn't make a commercial hit record, if he really wanted?

Back