32 Keys or 49 Keys ?

AlaAbdesslam

Hi Guys
I'm producing uplifting trance and i wanna buy a keyboard...
I don't have much money so i have to decide whether to buy an M-Audio Keystation Mini (32keys) or an M-Audio Keyrig 49 Keys
Will A Keyboard with 32 keys make it for me or should i gather more money and buy a 49 keys or 61 keys keyboard !!
THANKS...

Depending on your space ill say bigger is better just incase you get a small one your going to want a bigger one, i currently use the m-audio axiom 61 and i love the room i have to go up and down octaves but if you can save up a little i think its worth it

What are your keyboard skills like? If you're pretty decent you should get the larger one. Otherwise, just get the smaller if you're just going to be playing a couple bass lines and chords here and there.

49 is much better in the long run. In a couple years you'd be wishing you have gotten the bigger option. Trust me. Are you going to use this for mainly melody ideas or playing piano? If you are going to be playing piano I'd recommend a 61 or 88 key keyboard. For just melody ideas and basic chords 49 would be fine.

I'm going to suggest that you go for the smaller keyboard.

To me, 49 keys is the worst possible size you can get:
- It's not small enough to fit in tight spaces, and
- It doesn't give you the key spread of a keyboard with 61+ keys.

If you pick up the smaller keyboard, you can pick up a bigger one later and still have a purpose for the smaller one.
That's my $0.02.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Back