2Pac Vs. Chief Keef

ThaRealKapone

...Only Kapone
After seeing the discussions goin on in the Lupe thread I decided to open this one to give the discussion a more official home. For the cats new to the convo, the argument is that if Pac where 17 in this day and age he would do many of the things that Chief Keef does and would be very much like him. From what I summed up, the opposing side believes that Pac was conscious at 17 and wasn't like Chief Keef. Feel free to add your opinions, lets discuss!

i dont think it was pac when he was 17 thats the argument, its pac when he was early 20s and first got his glimpse of money that he started showing what that life is in his music (thug life and stricly for my ni**az albums)

Agreed. Comparing both at 17 is not gonna bear the similarities as comparing the now 17 year old Keef to a 21-23 year old Pac.

Irony is, I'm pretty sure 17 year old Pac would have been disappointed with Keef's representation of the urban youth, only to resurface as 20 something Pac who would be Keef's best f**kin friend.

Agreed. Comparing both at 17 is not gonna bear the similarities as comparing the now 17 year old Keef to a 21-23 year old Pac.

Irony is, I'm pretty sure 17 year old Pac would have been disappointed with Keef's representation of the urban youth, only to resurface as 20 something Pac who would be Keef's best f**kin friend.
I can agree with this in general. I guess i could see keef as the young nucca in Pac's circle during the "shorty wants to be a thug stage." But its hard for me to picture Keef spittin on machevelli. I just can't imagine bang bang on a pac track. lol.

In terms of the OP's question. The Pac and Keef comparison i ain't feelin it.

Last edited:
If 2Pac was 17 today, he would write and create short films on youtube....might team up with a cartoonist. He would be more of a poet than a rapper.

Biggie would be a well known battle rapper waiting to get signed but can't. But he sets the bar for all other battle rappers.

Big L wouldn't think of being a rapper....he would rap but not be on some serious shit.

Big Pun would be that dude with lyrical skills that you accidentally bump into on youtube and be like "man that dude got skills"....then you would look at the new 2Chainz video and read about Kanye's sex tape....forget all about Big Pun.

Last edited:
Yo u cant compare these 2.... pac was a poete even when he was young not a rapper... Also I read the poetry book of all of pac's poems... so u really cant compare these 2. They are from 2 different generations and live 2 different lives. The only rapper i would compare to pac is maybe Kendrick Lamar but thats off topic.

If 2Pac was 17 today, he would write and create short films on youtube....might team up with a cartoonist. He would be more of a poet than a rapper.

Biggie would be a well known battle rapper waiting to get signed but can't. But he sets the bar for all other battle rappers.

Big L wouldn't think of being a rapper....he would rap but not be on some serious shit.

Big Pun would be that dude with lyrical skills that you accidentally bump into on youtube and be like "man that dude got skills"....then you would look at the new 2Chainz video and read about Kanye's sex tape....forget all about Big Pun.

It's both funny and sad at the same time...because it's true.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Yo u cant compare these 2.... pac was a poete even when he was young not a rapper... Also I read the poetry book of all of pac's poems... so u really cant compare these 2. They are from 2 different generations and live 2 different lives. The only rapper i would compare to pac is maybe Kendrick Lamar but thats off topic.

For some reason, I take comparing Pac to kendrick Lamar disrespectful. Lamar is nothing Like Pac. He can't hold a candle to Pac...Now I get why some of you feel bad I can compare him to Keef....touche'

lol. :cheers:

Last edited:
2pac was on the same gang shit as Keef, but he had motive and understanding. Not just the run of the mill banger like Keef. He might get smarter though. He's still young.

2Pac's upbringing is what separates him from everybody in rap. If you were surrounded by gang activity at the age of 8 - 13....you could care less about the world around you...just your surroundings. If you are surrounded by Black Panthers and listen to people talk about poverty and how the white man got you trapped and see the shape of the continent Africa and see those colors of blackness that separates you from them....you start to wonder shit. You start to dress like, be like, act like. And your imagination of what is real can be written on paper and recorded to be played back....making you wiser and wiser as you get older with a hunger for knowledge of what you feel you represent. You have more to write about than rival gangs, money, pistols, and getting some head.

2Pac's upbringing is what separates him from everybody in rap. If you were surrounded by gang activity at the age of 8 - 13....you could care less about the world around you...just your surroundings. If you are surrounded by Black Panthers and listen to people talk about poverty and how the white man got you trapped and see the shape of the continent Africa and see those colors of blackness that separates you from them....you start to wonder shit. You start to dress like, be like, act like. And your imagination of what is real can be written on paper and recorded to be played back....making you wiser and wiser as you get older with a hunger for knowledge of what you feel you represent. You have more to write about than rival gangs, money, pistols, and getting some head.

this was Tupac at a young age

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

If your comparing when pac was young all you have to do is look at 2paclypse now and know that he would not be doing anything close to she likes me for my gear. He would be talking about today's 2paclyspe now, where rap has succesfully been painted for retards and the more retarded you are the better. He would probably talking about them fake ass people.

this was Tupac at a young age

Just another side of Pac. Ask that same young man about being black...............when he is not in a silly mood.

I had hammerpants..............jeans with the knees busted out.........I had a pizza hair cut one time and got clowned everyday in school for it. Couldn't wait til my hair grew back. lol!

Back