2nd Beat - "Pop Off" F4F

D-C

Here is a new beat that I made, I feel like it turned out pretty well but I want to know what you guys think. Is there too many sounds and not enough space for a rapper? Keep in mind the mix is not too good because I have not been producing for a while. Drop your links and I'll be sure to check your stuff out! Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/washington-heat/pop-off

Sounds good, I think theres a bit much going on in the beginning. You give everyone to much too soon. All the sounds are okay as is, the beat could just use a better sequence/arrangement/structure. Thanks for the feedback. We can definitely exchange ideas in music. Always down to create!

sounds good to me.. agree on a slightly different synth tho
break in the beginning is a bit too long as well imo
someone could def rap on this
it def has potential so take ur time to mix it

nice mixing on this with the drums. i agree with just the main synth that comes in the drop and then goes away being a slightly different sound. good work.

nice mixing on this with the drums. i agree with just the main synth that comes in the drop and then goes away being a slightly different sound. good work.

I like the drums on this track aswell! Thanks for your feedback!

I like your mixing of the drums! I have to learn a lot from your piece. Only thing I think you can change a better synth to make it better and I think you can add a instrument to fill the middle frequency. That's just from my opinion, overall, I like it very much!

Thank you! I'll take that into consideration!

This is a nice beat. The verses have just the right amount of sounds for the rapper to rap on. I just think the main melody that's going on through out the beat should be a different synth sound. Maybe a synth beeping sound with less attack on it, iono just me. I really like the depth of the beat and how all the sounds come together very well, gj!

I'm glad you appreciate the complexity of the track! I decided to swap the synth and it sounds much better so thanks for the advice.

Sounds good, I think theres a bit much going on in the beginning. You give everyone to much too soon. All the sounds are okay as is, the beat could just use a better sequence/arrangement/structure. Thanks for the feedback. We can definitely exchange ideas in music. Always down to create!

Thanks for the feedback, I'll put the verse at the beginning and lead it into the hook instead. Let's get it!

Sounds good! The drums are understated and that's a good thing. There are some parts where the drum beat could use some variations, but overall I like this!

clean beat and clean drum mixing, although id turn them up a bit. definitely has a good amount of sound going on in the chorus/verses and the mutes are dope. my only gripe is i dont like the sound of some of the synths. i wouldve chose synths that sounded a little fuller. regardless though its a nice beat with a good structure imo

Back