synth recipes.

woosa

so ive been doing a little homework on synths to start making my own sounds. i know how synths work a little but i cant make much. ive been looking online for simple recipes but i only found a book i cant buy atm. im sure theres people who know synths can say to make a piano sound "use this sound wave with this and that filter". i feel like we should have a list. maybe sticky it? it would be a huge help for anyone.

If the book that you can't buy right now is "The Synthesizer Cookbook," you might want to try and get a copy after all. It will be a worthy investment.

GJ

see this

Synth Secrets: Links to All Parts

and this

Welsh's Synthesizer Cookbook: Analog Synthesizer Programming

and then look up some of the older synth models and find their manuals, most came with advice on how to program them - for example the old Modular System 100, System 700 and SH-101 from Roland (amongst many others of the mid-70's to mid 80') all came with extensive guides on how to program sounds. the underlying concepts translate well to other makes of synth as they all used the concepts of
VCO
VCA
VCF
Envelope (ADSR)
LFO
Noise

Some had multiple instances of each of these whilst others had a single instance of each.

explore, enjoy and share if you want

If the book that you can't buy right now is "The Synthesizer Cookbook," you might want to try and get a copy after all. It will be a worthy investment.

GJ

i do plan to with all the good things ive heard about it. just short this paycheck.

Back