show up your studio set up

mystudio.jpg

where the dope **** takes place. my buddies Motif which has taken residence at my place is in there:D. got rid of the akai 950 for now, got 3200 coming tommorrow. I also want to set up the Dj rig again. the sp 808 is outta here. the g major and mo phatt are in back of the Korg and MPC60, and there are a ton of records to the left and my bed is to the right.

Im running out of space.

Last edited:
soo.. one of theese threads again... well.. here is what i got in my homestudio

pc crap:
-----------
stationary P3 733MHz with Cubase SX, NI Battery and Scope Fusion Platform
laptop P3 600MHz with Modular Edit
(and no.. i would not like to switch to a P4 for audio coz of probs with them when working with some audio software)

hardware:
--------------
Ada MP1
Alesis MMT8 (broken)
Clavia Nord Lead
Clavia Nord Modular key
Creamware Pulsar 2
Creamware A16
Ensoniq DP/2
Fender Stratocaster.. a cool one
Kawai K4r (2 of 'em)
Kawai R50 (broken)
Korg EX8000
Korg Wavestation
Oberheim Matrix1000
Roland JD800
Yamaha CS40m
+ distortion pedals
+ MIDI-interface

probably missed some stuff...

i dont wanna write down all the stuff i've got tired of and sold.. would take all night ;)

EDIT: updated list...

Last edited:
Here's my stuff, not much at all.

G4
Pro-tools Le
Digi 001
Korg Triton
Akg Mic
Amp
Vocal Booth
NS10's
Oh yeah last but not least $270 leather chair gotta be comfortable ya know!!!

Sager Notebook PC: p4 2 ghz, 512 ram, 40 gig internal, 120 gig firewire drive with 8 mb cache, dual monitors.

Programs: Nuendo 1.6, Wavelab 4.0, Acid 3.0, Halion, Pro 52, FM7, Orange Vocoder

Motu 896 firewire interface
Motu midi express usb
Lexicon super prime time m97
JL cooper CS 10 control station
Electrix mo-fx
Sans Amp bass DI rackmount
dbx 1/4" patchbay
Boss DR202 drum machine
Oxygen 8 midi controller
Fender bass guitar & amp
2 Vestax PDX2000 turntables
Ortofon night club cartridges
ECLER hak 310 mixer
Mackie 824 monitors

I'll have pics soon.

one extra thing

I forgot one big thing.

Telefunken Elam 251 microphone

Whatever happened to the idea of a master photo forum, or something similar? It was discussed but i dont remember what the final ansewer was?

My ghetto rig...3XT Studios!

Last edited:
Wow, some very impressive kit lists here!

My modest setup...

Hard:

Yamaha RS7000
Roland JP-8000
Roland XV-3080
Allan and Heath Mixwizard 10 channel analogue desk
2 Technics 1200's
Pioneer DJM600 dj mixer (with FX and sampler)
Edirol MA10a monitors
Technics amp.
AMD Athlon 1600+ 512mb ram
ST Audio DSP 2000 / C-Port Audio Interface
Midiman Oxygen 8

Soft:

Sonar 2.1 XL
Acid Pro 4.0
Sound Forge 6.0
Fruity Loops 3.56
Recycle 2.0
Rebirth
Waves Plugins
VSTi's = Junglist, Pentagon, Absynth, FM7, Pro 53, Kontakt, B4, Juno, Claw, TBL, Lounge Lizard, EVP88, EVP76, EXP24

Plus, two hands for clapping and two feet for dancin!!

:monkey:

Hey Shondrae..

Nice to see a Yammy RS7000 amongst all that gear! Do you like the sequencer on it?

thats quite an extensive list lol.
you have a pretty uninspiring and poor sound generation list though with only a few samplers, a drum kit and a few synths.
do most of the artists that visit bring their own sounds and all with them or is it mainly tailored for hip hop and so this covers pretty much any idea they may have?

sounds cool shondrae.

i have never used the synclaver but have heard a lot of good things although not sure its for me myself.

i was worried my post may be taken the wrong way after id written it but was glad to see you didnt go down that road.

i was just curious about how it all worked, what the people who came in did and if they brought equipment in with them etc and if it was hip hop specific as that was the impression i got from your site.
i dont make hip hop and concentrate solely on electronica so in my set up theres heaps of synths, drum machines etc etc as its obviously tailored around my specific needs. i was interested as to how other people in differing genres worked as your equipment list was obviously vastly different to mine and didnt include much i could really get going with, a situation i am sure that if it was reversed would be the same for you.

thx for the info though and i am glad to see your doing well.

thanks,
i see you have missy elliot in around your place just now. you should ask her to play you the original track they sampled and looped for "get your freak on".
its the most amazing dancehall tune.

SHONDRAE do you own patchwork?

i was over there a while ago, back with the pipe busted..and water was all over the place...i was gonna get some of my artist up in there... we just ended up at a few other studio's through atlanta(dec,buckhead)
i've been going to knotch studios working with a few of my artist

Faceoff said:
Korg Triton with Dance Extreme Board, Moss Expansion

Casio 651?????

hey Face... glad to see another triton user here. Im thinking of buying the Dance Extreme board cos of the 400+ single hit samples that are on there. But are they diferrent sounding or are they just minute differences in sound?

Btw, are you a member of irishacts or Triton Central?

Pro tools digi 001 on the pc (wish i had a mac though)

Akai Mpc 2000xl
Proteus 2k
Mo phatt
Event 8 monitors
Akg 3000b
Monster cable

i know its preety basic but i like it. I wish i had a motif or a triton too though.

Back