Rick Ross feat. Drake - Made Men Remix (F4F100)

wildinout8

Been a few months since I've uploaded a track on here for your review, so I thought I'd come back some heat.

Remix to the Rick Ross and Drake track Made Men by Marc Pittman of the Archangels.

Let me know if you love it, hate it, what needs to be editted and I will always leave genuine feedback 100%.

If I'm feelin your tracks I'll also follow you on Soundcloud.

Let me know if you're down to collab.

This is not my style but the arrangement here is dope.
The mix is decent but it sounds to me like there's something goin on with open hi hat.
Dope beat man.

I get what you wanted to do, but I feel like i would have liked the beat instrumental version with no vocal,,, cause ross n drake sounds weird on it lol..it's feel like they didn't record on it.. i know they didn't..but a good remix should make you feel like the rapper was actually recording on top of this beat... Weird to explain, but I just don't see it.. the beat cool though, I just don;t hear ross and drake on it. the mix good also

let me know what you think of my latest release !
https://soundcloud.com/alwaysskilled/as-take-it-slow

Thanks for the feedback from all! I'm def not a trap fan my self, but wanted to put a trap track out there to show my versatility. I also get what others are saying about the vocals not fitting completely over the beat - I had to do mad mixing to the acapella because they were pretty dry, but I'm satisfied with the result.

Again, thanks for the feedback so far!

I hate Rick Ross & Drake so I'm probably not the best person to give feedback but production wise I like progression of the beat and it definitely fits the track so good job.

I'm cracking up at all of the reviews so far and appreciate the feedback!
I'm usually the first one to roast on a trap beat and can't stand trap songs since I think they're completely talentless. But, I wanted to show that I can do styles beyond just what I'm comfortable with.

If you check out my SC you'll see I'm straight hip hop and jazz with live instrumentation, so it was fun to try and crack the trap code.

The vocals don't sound full enough. They sound muffled and narrow. Try experimenting more with stereo shaping and filtering on the them. The progressions for the chorus sound great; in addition, the transitions throughout the song mesh the track together effectively. The 808 is a bit heavy. It drowns out the rest of the track and is somewhat distracting. I can hear the drums going crazy in the background; less compression and they would really stand out. Again, the chorus is by far the best part. You bring in the low-mid synth and it pulls me in. Overall, good foundation and room for improvement. 5/10

Last edited:
The vocals don't sound full enough. They sound muffled and narrow. Try experimenting more with stereo shaping and filtering on the them. The progressions for the chorus sound great; in addition, the transitions throughout the song mesh the track together effectively. The 808 is a bit heavy. It drowns out the rest of the track and is somewhat distracting. I can hear the drums going crazy in the background; less compression and they would really stand out. Again, the chorus is by far the best part. You bring in the low-mid synth and it pulls me in. Overall, good foundation and room for improvement. 5/10

I appreciate the detailed feedback, FindingRHN!

The vocals were def the toughest part to mix because the original acapella is not great quality. I tried chorus, delay and stereo effects already, but def agree and will look into thickening them up a bit. I also agree with the 808 being a bit too strong, but also have been thinking of lowering the volume of the high end piano keys during the chorus.

Leave links for me to return feedback, fellas!

Nice job with this one. Cool little joint ya got goin on here. Mix wise, only small critiques I have is that that open hat and the kick/bass is are little loud for my taste. Also, I think the little hand claps should be a little higher. Not to say that you have use this template, but generally when I mix, leveling wise, I have the kick at about -3 db, the main clap/snare at about -6 db (if I have a backing snare I'll set it about -7 or -8) and then the HH at around -9 or -10 db. Again, these are just kinda ballpark numbers.. obvious each mix is going to vary. And everyone has different tastes too, so I'm definitely not tryna tell you how to you should mix your shit lol. Regardless, it's a job well done... Keep up the good work my man.

i dont really listen to rickross, so i listened to the original and then this, and id say that this song is almost just as good, had a friend listen to it who loves rick ross and he said buy it if rick ross released an album of remixes

Back