First post!

MAYFLY

Hey guys, I am new to the FP fam so I'm sorry I haven't gotten to leave much feedback. It's awesome hearing so many people's production. I have been making beats and such for a couple of years and I think it's time to start sharing. I will drop some more tracks throughout the following weeks but would appreciate some feedback/advice. You guys are awesome, I'm excited to join the family.

F4F!

https://soundcloud.com/mayflyofficial/ghoti

Last edited:
Pretty cool man. I think it's missing structure though. You should have a definite verse, chorus etc. The guitar melody is nice, but I wouldn't have it continue throughout the whole track as it does now. It is very repetitive. The drum sequencing is good. Keep it up!

Thank you for the feed earlier on Faded Memories.

Nice beat!

I would say bring down some of those sharp sound effects just a tad bit and have them play faintly in the background. The drums are really nice for the kind of beat it is, so you definitely have that down.

Dope stuff, keep it up

The beat comes off as a little slow, and some of the sounds needs to be cleaner, but whats good about it is that it sounds different from the usual trap beat. I would rap over this if I were to make a mixtape, it has its own style.

Keep it up man!

Thanks so much for the feedback guys, really helps out a lot! It's so nice to hear what other producers think. Keep sending your tracks, I love hearing what's out there

Hi there brother...

I have a great suggestion for this track. Hope you like my main thought.

The opening 'guitar synth' Melody is GREAT, I actually expected you to stick with that melody....instead you transitioned to a secondary melody...which is ok...but I was expecting you to stick with that melody...and go hard with it.

Basically what you would do is Keep that Opening melody and use other synth to back it up...ie. Bass, Mids and other Hi synths....to make the sound fuller and broader.

The opening melody is top notch in my opinion....I was really getting ready for that bass to come in and accompany the opening melody...

If you sit back and listen to the track objectively you'll get what I mean.

Sometimes variation is good.... but in this case...the opening melody is killer...so build on it...with accompanying synthlines...
add layers and stick with that melody...Maybe take this tracks opening 8-16 bars and start a new project and try out my suggestion.

I would love to listen to it after you try that out, and really have that full sound happening.

I like the drum programming.....AND I like the other parts of the track as well...but execution is everything.

The listener is attracted to your opening melody...so when it changes too drastically it takes us in a different direction....and if the direction is too different its like a whole new song/track emerges from the original...

Which is also Perfectly Fine....if you execute it perfectly and have a very solid new piece emerge...

It's a learning process and that's why we are doing it, all of us...try all these different ideas is how we emerge as unique artists...and over time...your compositions and transitions will get better and better...till they are near perfect transitions...

If you listen to the tracks on my soundcloud...you will notice I am very much the same way....lol I can be all over the place at times, and later when I listen to my tracks, I can hear what works and what doesn't or where I shoulda stayed the same...or where I shoulda switched up...and to what extent.

I was happy to listen to this, and happy to comment. Nice track keep up the good work and always try new things.
Hope i don't sound critical cuz I am not.... I just like to help where I can.

check me out here, I actually just learned a few crucial things myself!
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...llow-*-new-electronic-f4f-have-listen-480941/

I like it! it brings back the middle eastern feel i do miss!

Great work man! cant wait to hear the rest of your tracks

The percussion isn't bad but the elements in the track don't sound put together very well. It kinda sounds like a bunch of random sound efx piling in one after the other, with some bass. There's always room for improvement tho.
Keep grinding homie and I appreciate the feedback on my Encinitas track

Not bad, Melody was good. Felt like you could of done a better job of mixing it down together, felt like the Hats were abit too loud especially and the drums not as impactful as they should be compared to the melody.
Thanks for the feedback, Hope this helps.

You're quite talented at coming up with melodies. The track needs that something special though. You'll find yourself as an artist if you keep it up. Good work.

yo i thought this track was really cool. the one thing i would work on is the structuring. the opening melody, i'm not quite sure what the instrument is, is really cool. i'd probably allow room for more development of the first melodic portion. i think that could definitely constitute the bulk of the beat, maybe the entire verse portions. i actually did like the transition to the second melody i just thought that part went on too long, and that the amount of development put into that part might be better put towards the first melody. the drum programming is really cool too, and i have no complaints about the mix. check out my new track when you can. thanks.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...w-hip-hop-track-mo-gaba-gaba-100%-f4f-481095/

What's up fam! My opinion is the same as the rest of the folk here. The intro is killer! I like the rest of the melody as well, but I feel that it stems too far from the intro. Don't make it too different. But I also really like what you did from 1:27 on with the melody change. Like others said, if you get your structure down, this beat will be poppin no doubt! Fantastic job bro!

Check out my track here if you can.
I'm also new, and not in the mastering phase, so the track's going to be much quieter than yours. You can download it for a better feel of the beat. Thanks bro!

I would definitely work on the levels of the instruments. It sound like everything was mashed together. Also I would be real selective with the instruments that u are trying to use together.

really cool selection of sounds! the main pluck element is new and refreshing; try transposing your drum hits to mix better with your song, you will notice a big difference

Better EQ'ing will do the trick for most of it. Also add some quicker hi-hats just to make sure the beat moving. Like some others said, the harsh sounds have to better sat in the mix but I like the sound overall.

Back