One Shot - Young Jess - Featuring Thesoundist f4f

Thesoundist

First Collaboration With Thesoundist and Young Jess.

Produced and mixed by Thesoundist.
Written and Performed By Young Jess

Winner of the 2011 "Pot of Gold Contest" created by hip-hops finest, "the Game", Young Jess has only begun to show that he is in the music industry for keeps. With a positive message to "be yourself & turn all negatives into a positive opportunity", Young Jess has continued to inspire his fans & hopes to inspire for years to come.

Young Jess Will be dropping his newest mix tape this summer.
Stay tuned and show him some love
YoungJess's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

i like the message in this song since i see the beat doesnt have that much drums i would probably add a sub-bass synth line or horn line (some chords would work too) but not so much that it'll change the melody, just enough to give the beat more color. I think the chorus could be a bit better if you'd add some more lyrics into it something to toy around with the worldplay so it'll flow nicer. great track overall it's always good to see collaborations keep it coming

check out my first track and feedback on the vocals, engineering, or production will truly help thanks for watching!
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...eedback-collab-oppurtunities-100%-f4f-412833/

i like the message in this song since i see the beat doesnt have that much drums i would probably add a sub-bass synth line or horn line (some chords would work too) but not so much that it'll change the melody, just enough to give the beat more color. I think the chorus could be a bit better if you'd add some more lyrics into it something to toy around with the worldplay so it'll flow nicer. great track overall it's always good to see collaborations keep it coming

check out my first track and feedback on the vocals, engineering, or production will truly help thanks for watching!
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...eedback-collab-oppurtunities-100%-f4f-412833/

thanks for the feedback man, the drums weren't supposed to be too overbearing for the track. i think they sound pretty good on my end. As for the lyrics that was all Young Jess, i just made the music and mixed the track. Not to shabby for my first collab!

again thanks for your time man gonna check out your music now

Great emotional track. Artist and production compliment each other nicely. Can hear this in a movie trailer. Nice work & congrats

Great emotional track. Artist and production compliment each other nicely. Can hear this in a movie trailer. Nice work & congrats
Thanks a lot man Young Jess did a great job with hitting the mood we were looking for on this track.

The beat is simple but dope it gets the job done and those fx panned to left/right sound sick the song is cool it sounds experimental kinda like some section 80 type thing the song is good though and the snare sounds sick

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ceive-feedback/f4f-new-beat-reminisce-412838/

Love those effects too ! thanks for the listen everyone ^

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

no ones feeling this track?

Hey I think it sounds pretty solid, I really like the piano background with the high frequency (rhodes?). I would agree that the kick and snare are a little indistinguishable right now. I get the vibe of having the drums more in the background to slowly push the beat while the listener focuses on the vocals, but right now its a little tough to tell the kick apart from the snare. If you brought the snare up just a little more or maybe adjusted the transients of the snare to give the initial crack a little more oomph I think it would go a long way. I think you could bring the mix down a little too during the chorus, its nice and loud right now but I feel like the track is competing with the vocals. Overall great sound though, you matched the artists nicely with your beat.

- I would lower all of the instruments (especially the piano) and let the drums shine through
- The vocals are too low in the mix in my opinion as well
- The vibe is could be amplified 200x if the mix was better in my opinion -- all the elements screams "great vibe" but the mix messed it up a little
- Someone said they can hear this in a movie -- i definitely agree to that
- At some parts in the rap, i think you should drop the beat out to emphasis certain parts -- or just do it for a change up here and there

Keep improving man

Please return the favour!

@HighSlim - "Wes Wes" (Produced by Benny Liang) (ALL FEEDBACK RETURNED)

Thanks!

Thesoundist,

I think this track is nice! I like your use of pads and that piano is hot. The changes are good as well. I think the rapper is cool. He reminds me of an old school 90's rapper. I think the mix can be cleaned up a little more unless that gritty feel is what your after.

Keep it up!

Check out my track/thread:
the BIG shots - "KiNGS COURT" Dirty South Record! [ALL FEEDBACK RETURNED]
Looking forward to your feedback!

Also, check out our blog where we break down today's current hits and show you exactly what chords are used!
The Big Shots

- the BIG shots

Thesoundist,
I think this track is nice! I like your use of pads and that piano is hot. The changes are good as well. I think the rapper is cool. He reminds me of an old school 90's rapper. I think the mix can be cleaned up a little more unless that gritty feel is what your after.

i went with a gritty kind of feel because the vocal quality wasn't too awesome, plus if was done in two takes two different days so the verse and the chorus don't match perfectly. For whatever reason that's how it went down.

Hey I think it sounds pretty solid, I really like the piano background with the high frequency (rhodes?). I would agree that the kick and snare are a little indistinguishable right now. I get the vibe of having the drums more in the background to slowly push the beat while the listener focuses on the vocals, but right now its a little tough to tell the kick apart from the snare. If you brought the snare up just a little more or maybe adjusted the transients of the snare to give the initial crack a little more oomph I think it would go a long way. I think you could bring the mix down a little too during the chorus, its nice and loud right now but I feel like the track is competing with the vocals. Overall great sound though, you matched the artists nicely with your beat.

I hear exactly what your saying with this, nice feedback man.

- I would lower all of the instruments (especially the piano) and let the drums shine through
- The vocals are too low in the mix in my opinion as well
- The vibe is could be amplified 200x if the mix was better in my opinion -- all the elements screams "great vibe" but the mix messed it up a little
- Someone said they can hear this in a movie -- i definitely agree to that
- At some parts in the rap, i think you should drop the beat out to emphasis certain parts -- or just do it for a change up here and there
Thanks!

the reason i don't have the drums so upfront is that his rhymes and his flow don't knock to the end of the bars, if the drums are up front they throw off the whole vibe of the track in my opinion.

It was my 1st full mix instrumentals plus vocals, adding vocals is a whole other ball game haha.

well thanks for the feedback ill return it all by the end of the day today, Thanks for your time everyone.

More feedback would be appreciated, can you can see already some people like things others dont, im just trying to get as many perspectives as possible.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Thesoundist,
Also, check out our blog where we break down today's current hits and show you exactly what chords are used!
The Big Shots

- the BIG shots

gonan check out the blog too sounds dope.

Not a bad track man, mix all the instruments to make it sound more cleaner and pristine, i felt you were kinda rapping a little too fast in the intro for the beat, but that's just me, keep grinding.

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-receive-feedback/ohh-%2Acheck-out%2A-f4f-100%25-413202/

thanks for the listen man, the Rapper was Young Jess. I made the track. Which sounds didn't sound clean and pristine to you?

hey.. I really liked the simplicity of this beat.. and the piano gave a really nice feel/vibe to the song.. i have to agree with SvenD about the chorus though... the music here felt just slightly overpowering over the vocals... but that aside i thought it was a great track.. will definitely check out your cloud when i got a lil more time :)

hey.. I really liked the simplicity of this beat.. and the piano gave a really nice feel/vibe to the song.. i have to agree with SvenD about the chorus though... the music here felt just slightly overpowering over the vocals... but that aside i thought it was a great track.. will definitely check out your cloud when i got a lil more time :)
Thanks hope you like our other tracks.

This track is up download if anyone wants it go for it!

Back