New sick trip hop beat - feedback for feedback

Mak_23

I know that the mix and EQing need little work so lets call this a unfinished version

hope you guys like it :)

Yeah, I cant stand that guitar sound. Its very low quality in my opinion. I like the melody ideas a lot, that part at :35 seconds. It has a really cool cinematic type melody to it. Maybe try to replace those instruments with a nice piano and harp VST. See that part a 1:33, with the piano sounds dope!! The instrument that comes at 1:36 is cool too. Ditch that guitar in the beginning, get it mixed and it is a dope track.

https://soundcloud.com/s-cruz

@ s-cruz
its not a guitar its a "tzouras" i recorded n played myself, i really cant understand what you mean by low quality (maybe you could clarify? :p) maybe you just dont like the instruments sound because the recording was very clean, the same tzouras loop is layered over the piano at 0:35 but played an octave higher. The intro is prolly the weakest point of the track tho and needs some improvements i agree on that ;). you mindf@kd me abit but thanks alot for your feed :P
I ll feed ya back in a few hours when im back home

@jenso
it feels like you didnt even bother listen to the track and just spam your generic message around to get feeds. not gna bother..

First of all thanks for the feedback on my beat, I really appreciate it!
This track is really different, interesting stuff. I think the "Tzouras" as you call it, sounds really good and not low quality at all. However, I think it does sound better in a higher octave. The only negative I have is the kick, I just think it sounds too electronic for this type of beat, I would like to hear a more natural sounding kick personally. Also the bassline is too heavy, but that can be fixed when you mix the track properly.

thanks for your input pal :)
Im currently working on an updated version, making the second part of the beat more interesting and perfecting the mix. i ll consider swapping out the kick or distorting it abit :P.
I am really glad you liked the tzouras sound because s-cruz freaked me out abit!

Back