New hiphop/triphop instrumental (mellow)

Yee! Another fellow instrumental traveler! This was vibes for days. I really like it. The percussion (drums+etc) are on spot. The pattern is just right.
The mix is tight. Everything has a lot of clarity and cohesion.

I would really like to hear a more pronounced delay->phaser on the bells/mallet sound you have that goes on throughout the majority of the song but that's just taste. I also agree with what was said previously about adding a bit fo variation to the main rhythm fo the drums for small section to break the pattern. A few more fills or breaks perhaps.

Only track is in sig.

Only track is in sig.
Really like the vibes in your song man. The mix is a little low, but you have a nice melody thing going on there! I think the intro was a bit slow, but i really like the song. I think the percussions are awesome, and the side chain is nice:) The synth that starts on 3:12 is nice, but perhaps it would sound better if it didn't take up so much space(since there is a lot of that synth going on)
Overall its a nice track man!

Thank you for your feedback by the way. Appreciate it a lot!

Loving the track man! Very relaxing and I love the somewhat Asian aesthetic to it with those plucks. I'd say it is a bit repetitive right up until the 1:20 mark. After 1:20 is when the track starts taking a different turn with all kinds of instruments and sounds progressing the song. If you could cut maybe 30 seconds off the section prior to 1:20, I'd say it's a perfect product. Other than that, I have no other problems with it. The mixing is damn nice/clear and all the sounds work cohesively. Good job! Keep em coming!

Last edited:
Really like the vibes in your song man. The mix is a little low, but you have a nice melody thing going on there! I think the intro was a bit slow, but i really like the song. I think the percussions are awesome, and the side chain is nice:) The synth that starts on 3:12 is nice, but perhaps it would sound better if it didn't take up so much space(since there is a lot of that synth going on)
Overall its a nice track man!

Thank you for your feedback by the way. Appreciate it a lot!

Thanks! The mix is low on purpose. I run my master at -6 and channels at -12 to have a lot fo headroom and dynamic range... I haven't done any mastering, master channel is clean. I'll try my hand at mastering as I go on.

I agree about the intro... I'm going to cut a lot of the beginning off, it drags too much.

I'll try dropping the second half main synth down a bit in the mix and see how it sounds, but I did sort of intend for it to be a epic room filling "spacetrumpet" I do most of my mixes at conversation level volumes... I'll give it a critical listen at a higher volume.

Thanks for the tips!

I just checked this out, as I'm a big TripHop fan - as a mellow instrumental track, it does exactly what we want it to do in this type of TripHop: an unobtrusive groove with an almost subconscious sense of melody.

Back