Darkwood records beat is back check it out

Thaanks for feedback. I make a lot of beats and I want them to sound different. I don't like rules in making music that's why I make music the way I want. Your English is great :)

I like the simplicity of your approach to these beats, though as 2s7 has mentioned, it may need a bit more variety. I also think that the sounds are a bit too muffled, unless that was an intentional yet unorthodox sound design choice to which I say, courageous. Yet, still try to increase the clarity even further as it may sound even more "wow". Good beats, though, mate. ^_^ (Y)

Hey! I have listened to the tracks, and i think they are a little boring to be honest. I feel like especially the first one could be in a crash bandicoot ps1 game(but thats not really a bad thing) The melodies and drums are ok, and i am feeling the potential. But for my taste, the beats need more elements and atmosphere to catch my interest.

Id say find a couple beats you really love and try to mimic the basic drum patterns and general arrangement. Definetely needs some work with the mixes swell a lot of these are clipping like crazy, look at the meters and turn down anything thats hitting the red! Keep going and most importantly keep having fun!

You have a very interesting take on what beats should sound like. I really like how you are fearless when it comes using different and somewhat bizarre melodies... And I mean "bizarre" in the most complimentary sense. Your beats are definitely one of their own and definitely come from outside the box. All of the sounds clash in weird ways, but at the same time, they work well together. The only issue I have with them is that the mixing on all the beats could use some work in order to make the whole beat sound more cohesive and like a single product. My favorite is the first beat. I love the ominous yet neutral melody (it borders between happy and sad) and the dirty distorted kick drums you have playing on top of it. Very nice indeed. It may be a put off to others, but definitely not to me. I really enjoyed that one.

Keep it up!

Last edited:
I think that the main thing here on this forum is that we are different and that eveyronne brings something different to the table. Thaannk you very much for your feeddbackk. :)

I like the ideas you have, but like others said they are a little boring. The 3rd song sounds really weird to me. But that's just my opinion.

Back