MMG "MovieMental"

Too mainstream for me, but I can def hear this on the radio. However, the mix needs lots of work. You need some serious EQing. The beat is distorting and many frequencies are butting heads. If you give it an hour or two of serious mixing and mastering, this would turn out commercially acceptable. Decent start. Keep it up!

Check out my latest beat, Perfect Syncope
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-receive-feedback/after-couple-days-hibernation-new-beat%3B-perfect-syncope-411092/

Too mainstream for me, but I can def hear this on the radio. However, the mix needs lots of work. You need some serious EQing. The beat is distorting and many frequencies are butting heads. If you give it an hour or two of serious mixing and mastering, this would turn out commercially acceptable. Decent start. Keep it up!

Check out my latest beat, Perfect Syncope
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-receive-feedback/after-couple-days-hibernation-new-beat%3B-perfect-syncope-411092/

Yes sir, you are correct. I've only mixed it through FL Studio using maximus, so once it's sent to PT, it should be good to go.
Thanks again!

A Really Dope Mix Could Make This Beat A Hit! Spend Some Time Mixing This Down & This Could Be A Problem! Good Job. Check My Post https://www.futureproducers.com/for...icial-soundclick-page-2-new-beats-f4f-410884/

Glad to hear that man! Yea, I know the mix is SO necessary!
Thanks!

Yes sir, you are correct. I've only mixed it through FL Studio using maximus, so once it's sent to PT, it should be good to go.
Thanks again!

Glad to hear that man! Yea, I know the mix is SO necessary!
Thanks!

Yeah I totally agree with DevonBakerMusic. But to develop a little on what he said, The entire drum track sounds completely separate to the other instruments. It is almost like you have treated the drum track with compression etc, done no treatment to the rest and simply played them side by side.

I reckon you need to start by bringing all the drum levels down a good few db, and really look at the high end because it is so exaggerated it comes across distorted, and fatigue sets in quickly. Your drum roll at the beginning is also quite flat, with very little dynamics. With no varying in loudness between your toms and the snares on a fast roll it makes it hard to distinguish a down beat from an up beat, so a lot of people will get confused as to where the beat actually starts - especially if it is overpowering the melody so drastically. Just accent it a little - maybe bring the snares up and the toms down?

Your saw-like chords need to brought up a little too, they get lost in the mix.

Hope something helped hombre.

Yeah I totally agree with DevonBakerMusic. But to develop a little on what he said, The entire drum track sounds completely separate to the other instruments. It is almost like you have treated the drum track with compression etc, done no treatment to the rest and simply played them side by side.

I reckon you need to start by bringing all the drum levels down a good few db, and really look at the high end because it is so exaggerated it comes across distorted, and fatigue sets in quickly. Your drum roll at the beginning is also quite flat, with very little dynamics. With no varying in loudness between your toms and the snares on a fast roll it makes it hard to distinguish a down beat from an up beat, so a lot of people will get confused as to where the beat actually starts - especially if it is overpowering the melody so drastically. Just accent it a little - maybe bring the snares up and the toms down?

Your saw-like chords need to brought up a little too, they get lost in the mix.

Hope something helped hombre.

Thanks for the in depth review!

I could be wrong but it sounds like your bass/kick are clipping like a mofo. This track is super loud and you should think about bringing levels down so that you have more room to mix with. I think a lot of EQing is in store, and its a cool track and all, but where's the melody? You could really make it memorable if some hard melody came in, but nothing sticks out as special when it's based purely on chord changes. Good work though

I could be wrong but it sounds like your bass/kick are clipping like a mofo. This track is super loud and you should think about bringing levels down so that you have more room to mix with. I think a lot of EQing is in store, and its a cool track and all, but where's the melody? You could really make it memorable if some hard melody came in, but nothing sticks out as special when it's based purely on chord changes. Good work though

Thanks for the review and yea it's a rough mix for sure!

beat knocks and is really epic, nice work. mix is a little distorted but they already said all that.

Thanks man, I really appreciate taking time to respond and I'm glad you already noticed it needs a mix! lol

Back