Method man and Biggie Smalls "The What" remix f4f

JGrisly

The Redskin James Dean
Just finished this up. Was goin for that "shook ones" type 90's east coast vibe, but with a modern twist.
The acapella was not the greatest quality, but I think its working?
Anyways hope yall dig it, I had a blast makin it, and if you like it, go head and download it:cheers:

Feed for feed as usual. FP Stand up!!!

Real nice bass & drums, I see where you're getting the "Shook ones" vibe, vocals are a bit low?maybe the acapella wasn't clean and you had to keep it low in the mix? I like, downloaded as well.
Precisely :) Glad you enjoyed it! Ima check you out in just a second....

Damn, those drums really got my head bangin
Totally different vibe than the original, but still it fits really well.

i happened to listen to this yesterday b4 u posted on my thread, i can hear exactly what you were going for, if i didnt know any better i would have thought this was the original! good work!

Damn, those drums really got my head bangin
Totally different vibe than the original, but still it fits really well.
Preciate that! I spent some time gettin those drums on..

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

if i didnt know any better i would have thought this was the original! good work!
Helluva compliment.. Thank you kindly!

Last edited:
I like this a lot... I love the old vinyl sound of that snare... sounds dope bro. Everything seems to fit in it's place mix wise... the drops match the vocals. Good work man.

Just finished this up. Was goin for that "shook ones" type 90's east coast vibe, but with a modern twist.
The acapella was not the greatest quality, but I think its working?
Anyways hope yall dig it, I had a blast makin it, and if you like it, go head and download it:cheers:

Feed for feed as usual. FP Stand up!!!

This shit is cold. As a hip hop head who takes offense to classics being tampered with, I can honestly say you did this one justice. The beat sounds like something both Meth and Big would've used. Thanks for sharing. When you get a chance check out some of my work on soundcloud

damn bro sick ass drums loved when they dropped in....the acapella match perfect with the beat as well...very clean mix straight grimey shit i love it nice work

This shit is cold. As a hip hop head who takes offense to classics being tampered with, I can honestly say you did this one justice. The beat sounds like something both Meth and Big would've used.
Im the exact same way which makes this an even bigger compliment. Many thanks charles, Ima check you out right now :cheers:

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

damn bro sick ass drums loved when they dropped in....the acapella match perfect with the beat as well...very clean mix straight grimey shit i love it nice work

thanks for listenin, Glad you rocked with it!!

Those drums are mixed so good, and the sound choice is on point. I like how those drums go with the ambient vibe in the background, its a good twist on the 90's style. Nothing you can do about the acapella's, but it's a pretty sick remix none the less, keep it up.

Sup, man those drums sounded awesome very punchy and big. Pads were cool tho the accapella could be a tad louder in the mix though. Good job!

"the what remix" is dope man. It got my head nodding. This was well done and i really liked it. I haven't heard a remix in a minute. Extermities is cool too. You got a nice vibe going with it

Sup, man those drums sounded awesome very punchy and big. Pads were cool tho the accapella could be a tad louder in the mix though. Good job!
The acapella was lightweight trashy so I had to drown it out just a tad. Glad you enjoyed it tho.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

@PRPS and @Grizzlymusic.
Thanks for listenin and thanks for the kind words, guys, preciate that...

Back