"Drummer" (beat)

2s7

What do you think about this beat? Any ideas for improvement?
Looking forwar for your opinions :o

(and Feedback 4 feedback)

PS: It's new, improved version)

Last edited:
Really like that intro, but then the drum samples come in and don't do it enough justice. I like their pattern, but the drum samples need some thump, kick, punch, grit and grime to them. Check out freedrumkits.com: The Leading Free Drum Kit Site on the Net for free drum sample packs. This beat reminds me of some Tony Montana Scarface joint! What strings are you using? I like them and want to find them. Great sequencing and if you decide to alter the drums lemme know so I can check out this song again.

Check me out at: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rchangels-ywm-collab-f4f-479213/#post49806590

Cons:
- The kick doesn't hit hard enough. I recommend layering the kick with another kick and EQing the low end.
- That clicky snare doesn't do it for the track. I recommend a different snare.
- The snare roll sounds too computerized and lacks depth. I recommend panning or alternating the volume to bring it to life.

Pros:
- I like the pizzicato and the guitar.
- The string that comes in from time to time is a nice touch.

Return the feedback?
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-receive-feedback/you-like-yeezus-album-youll-love-kanye-west-beat-|-f4f-479204/

Really like that intro, but then the drum samples come in and don't do it enough justice. I like their pattern, but the drum samples need some thump, kick, punch, grit and grime to them. Check out freedrumkits.com: The Leading Free Drum Kit Site on the Net for free drum sample packs. This beat reminds me of some Tony Montana Scarface joint! What strings are you using? I like them and want to find them. Great sequencing and if you decide to alter the drums lemme know so I can check out this song again.

Check me out at: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rchangels-ywm-collab-f4f-479213/#post49806590

Thanks for feedback.
I've used very basic drums here so probably this is why they are not the best, but thanks for advice I'll try to change and work on them more.
If you want to know what kind of strings have been used here you have to ask Eurythmics, because it is a sample from they song "Here comes the rain again" :).
Btw. feedbak returned.

Cons:
- The kick doesn't hit hard enough. I recommend layering the kick with another kick and EQing the low end.
- That clicky snare doesn't do it for the track. I recommend a different snare.
- The snare roll sounds too computerized and lacks depth. I recommend panning or alternating the volume to bring it to life.

Pros:
- I like the pizzicato and the guitar.
- The string that comes in from time to time is a nice touch.

Return the feedback?
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-receive-feedback/you-like-yeezus-album-youll-love-kanye-west-beat-|-f4f-479204/

Thanks for feedback. More Cons than Pros so that means I have to put some more work into it :D.
Btw. Feedback returned

edit: So I uploaded a little bit improved version (it is in the first post)

Last edited:
Melody is very nice but I don't like the drums. Snare should be much better and it is hitting to much and sounds computorized. Kick drum is also bad for me. I think you can make better beat if you change drums.

The percussion is definitely weak still, your using some pretty sweet samples (nice find), everything sounds together, but it just sounds underwhelming. You really should consider finding some samples from a real drum kit and messing around with them. It isn't bad, but with some more variation in the sounds your using you could really make this song killer! also i would love to hear some more hi hat! try straight 16ths notes with changes in the velocity! kudos dude!

Intro is dope, then beat kinda fell flat for me. Kick definitely could use some bottom, snare sounds overly quantized, could use a little push/pull to give it a more organic feel and maybe pull back the reverb slightly and if you have a distortion or a vinyl plug in, use those to give your snares a little grit and consider layering the kick and snare for additional depth. Hope this helps. Keep grindin!!

Drum samples could use a change, as everyone said.

I'm going to go against the grain though, in that I actually like the computerized quantized snare pattern. It goes really well with the arp imo and contrasts well with the more organic sounding instrumentation/samples. I come from a more unorthodox background then most on the forum though. I've hardly ever listened to mainstream hiphop (not a douche haha, just picky about vocals) and I've mostly come from experience with weird experimental hiphop instrumentals ala Brainfeeder/Low End Theory scene and just odd electronic music in general. So both using and omitting swing is can be useful from my perspective. I would still like to hear a diffrent snare sample or perhaps different eq settings for it, as well as slight microtonal modulation and velocity changes to give a sense of variation and movement.

It does need more thump. Funny enough you totally avoided muddiness in the typical frequency range but it's almost totally absent. Papa needs him some rumble and tubthump!

Melody was pretty interesting, one of the samples sounded sorta like something from a bollywood film. This has got potential the drum pattern was nice in my opinion just change the drums sounds or layer them and it may sound a bit better, keep at it man this was good.

Feedback?

Back