Dark Uptempo Boom Bap Instrumental (F4F)

hrpilm

My latest beat, do not really know what to think of this, made it in a single session. Hit me with what you got, drop a link to your own music, and I will tell you what I think :)

man this is niiice...you just need a little better mix...drums bang for sure...the horror sample stab could be tuned down a bit..kinda overpowers you know?...thinks for the check

Haha, this is some Twilight Zone shit. Sample needs to be turned down and the drums need a little more punch.
Just work on mixing!

I dig the vibe man. However I would set the horror piano sound further back in the mix. Its just too prominent and takes over the vocal/string parts. Give the kick a little more punch as well. What horror movie did you sample anyways?

this is an unrefined masterpiece, really diggin the horror feel
to unlock the full potential of this track u need to work on the mix to make it sound cleaner and some sounds are too loud

Very unique. I digg the style. If u can bring the drums out a bit more and add a bit more variety I think u definitely have something of interest. Good work

Oh and maybe tweak the highs in that sample, it kind of makes the ears ring, but that should be an easy fix.

The idea and choice of instruments are really great.
0:11 Drums starts really sudden i think it would be nice if there would be bridge/build up or something,but on other hand maybe it is the effect you want.

Cons:
- You need to mix it a little better.
- The drums are too fast in my opinion.

Pros:
- It has a very scare vibe to the beat.
- The arrangement of different sounds.

Keep working on this beat, man.

Love the samples and grimy sound. As someone has already said the drums could be mixed a little better but still a great result overall. Great job.

The overall eq could be a tighter, maybe turned some of the high frequencies. I feel like the main melody should be that section :30-37. That would sound crazy if loop it. In my opinion, thats the catchy part. Overall the track is cool, its got experimental feel to it.

If you got a minute, check out this remix I did for a contest. All feedback welcome good or bad. If you like it, leave comment on soundcloud. I'd appreciate it.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-remix-all-feedback-returned-100%-f4f-472681/

Last edited:
Back