Is this any good? F4f

Not really a hip hop listener, but i think theres a bit more work needed to finish this, it seamed to be missing more instruments, maybe play around with some loops and just fill up some of the empty space, it also got a bit repetitive for me but that can also be fixed with a couple of loops or extra instruments

The ideas are good but the end product isn't doing them justice. I like the drums but kick and snare (NOT the hi-hat) would benefit from being turned up so the song has a lot more crack. The bass is cool but it's holding the note too long. Adding in a little bit of rhythm, even something really simple will help it seem more aggressive and prominent. The only part I really am not feeling at all is the synth playing that weird white noise-ish bit. Especially in the isolated part like :45.

I really think the track could turn out to be pretty dope but it still needs some work if you want to catch people's ears.

Ride on people appreciate the comments. keep em coming, fed the feedback.

You hear that new Step Brothers album? It's amazing.

Nah, was completely unaware.
checkin it out/coppin it now. Good looks homie..
Alchemist did a track wit one of the cali homies recently, sh!@t was dope. dude is crazy talented...
And evidence.... First heard dude on a mix cd given to me by benny b of ABB records back in like 99.
cant wait to hear this..

the is a puslewave synth in there, it's thick, it comes in the middle of the loop, it sounds like it does not belong at all. other than that this track is great.

Dude this is good. I don't know what Gerico or whatever the first commenter was talking about it missing instruments. Have you ever heard Immortall Technique's, "Dance with Devil" ? All it is piano, couple bass drums and a snare but it sounds dope. I will say you should remove whatever is going "BOOP" The first BOOP comes in right when the drums do. I honestly thought it was coming from another song going off on another tab. It's kind of unnoticable at first but once I noticed, I can't help but pay attention to it. It might be what Oriax is talking about as well. But it goes off every 4-5 seconds. I will say though, and I hate to say this, but the song also became kind of annoying with the constant "4 notes" I think if you just changed it up a little bit, it would be all right. It's not the 4 notes by them self. but it is the 4 notes going for 2 minutes straight that does it for me. Don't take it personally though, please.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Try to mix some of your stronger synths ever so slightly a few of the leads you were abit harsh on the ear. I'd agree with some of the drum comments, i also think you could make it shorter as your kind of just repeating for the sake of it, you may have formatted it for a rapper but right now its just a beat.
Hope this helps. Keep at it.

I'd say it's OK I like that melody but not crazy about the backing synth, seems a little too basic and repetitive.

Try throwing chords in there, or whatever else, just make it more nuanced like change octaves, inversions, maybe follow the melody...

This is way too cool, those percussion hits compliment the synth and the saws well. Some beats don't really require vocals and this is one of them. Enjoyable material dude!

i think it's dope but like others pointed out the synth is too loud, only thing that really put me off
the kicks could use some work tho, idk if you should turn them louder b/c they don't have to be bangin every time.. but the pattern itself could be better

Returning feed back. The mix needs some work. I'm not feeling the high pitched synth, it gets annoying after a while. Change the sound on that but keep the melody. The bells melody is tight towards the end of the song. The drums aren't bad they just need to be fattened up with some mixing. Thanks for your feed

I like it but I do think its missing something. try to add reverb to certain instruments to feel in the gap otherwise good job :P

Back