Ambient Trap

ONEIRO ) )

Hey guys, new here. This is the first track I've made like this, let me know what you think! All feedback returned, of course.

Last edited:
mmm. this is some really solid production. i am liking the beat and you have a good sense of rhythm, although i suggest lowing the head of the kicks a little so your mix will be a lot more flat and nice

oh, and raise the bass levels a bit if you can fit some room in the EQ
it's a great track, but even if it's ambient, trap has got to be bumpin'

cant get it to connect to song through link....... when u post click the emblem for soundcloud and drop the link soundcloud gives u when u click share on a track in between the tags

Fixed! Thanks much!

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

mmm. this is some really solid production. i am liking the beat and you have a good sense of rhythm, although i suggest lowing the head of the kicks a little so your mix will be a lot more flat and nice

oh, and raise the bass levels a bit if you can fit some room in the EQ
it's a great track, but even if it's ambient, trap has got to be bumpin'

Thanks for the advice man, I'm new to the whole trap thing so that's really helpful. I'm mixing on headphones and crappy speakers so I'm a little weary about putting in too much bass, but I'll try to make 'em bang a little harder in the future.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Those vocal samples are hitting the spot. Just wish it hit harder. other than that good job

Really dig your track man, your percussion is spot on. It seems like you could add a little more counterpoint elements to help pull the listener's ear through the track, but that could just be me.

Last edited:
This was beautiful! I wudnt call this trap.. Probably why I enjoyed it lol.. I have nothing much to say about this track really cos I liked how u structured n developed this track.. It was just really nice to listen to.. N tks for ur feedback :)

This track is really cool man! Two suggestions: First, as others have said, that kick should hit way harder. I wanna feel that shit! You could also make the tail a little longer so the kicks last a little longer. Overall, I think getting that kick to sound huge will make a big difference. You can add some light distortion to it, as well as layer it with the same sample at a few different pitches. Secondly, it might be cool if you had a break in the middle of the song and just did something else for a bit. The main groove is awesome, but if you had a part B with some different chords, it would be even cooler when the main drop came back in. Good job man, I'd love to download it!

Would you mind checking out this track I'm working on? I've been working on it for like a week now, I need a new set of ears on it.

This was beautiful! I wudnt call this trap.. Probably why I enjoyed it lol.. I have nothing much to say about this track really cos I liked how u structured n developed this track.. It was just really nice to listen to.. N tks for ur feedback :)

Thanks very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Thanks dude. Hey, I checked out your soundcloud and really dug your stuff. Are you the producer or the mc?

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

This track is really cool man! Two suggestions: First, as others have said, that kick should hit way harder. I wanna feel that shit! You could also make the tail a little longer so the kicks last a little longer. Overall, I think getting that kick to sound huge will make a big difference. You can add some light distortion to it, as well as layer it with the same sample at a few different pitches. Secondly, it might be cool if you had a break in the middle of the song and just did something else for a bit. The main groove is awesome, but if you had a part B with some different chords, it would be even cooler when the main drop came back in. Good job man, I'd love to download it!

That's all really helpful, thanks. I think the general consensus is I need to beef up my percussion haha. The structure bit is good to know also, I'll keep that in mind.

Listened to your track a few times, and I have a few suggestions, though I'm not sure exactly what kind of feedback you're looking for. It seems like a pretty solid track, but here are my thoughts.
- The intro is pretty similar to the rest of the song in terms of loudness. You might bring down the lead a bit to give gravity to the first drop. Low pass filter perhaps?
- The vocal samples are pretty amusing, but they just kinda linger over the top. Sounds to me like they could use a little love. Even something as simple as like lo-fi + reverb + echo would be dope.
- You have a lot of variety in your synths which is great, but your percussion stays the same throughout the whole song. Maybe change up your snare after a drop to add a bit of variety. This would also make it so you don't have the same drop three times haha.

Great work man!

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

This is dope with some hard perc. this would go! Check me out also: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...w-dope-new-skool-beat-who-do-you-hear-440304/

I dig this man, I don't listen to a lot of new school stuff. While I was listening, I wanted to hear you drop everything out and let the kick ring for a second on the down beat a couple times, if that makes any sense. If not, I could find an example to show you. This wants a vocalist for sure. Good work.

Last edited:
This is a sweet track..
The way you flipped the vocal sample was on.
The way the verse came in with a guitar was unexpected, but awesome.
I feel like you lost alot of frequency space when that guitar gets taken out at the chorus return and feels a little empty(though its really not). Maybe add another sound thats a little low-mid range to keep it fat at that point?
I think your drum choices were good for this type of music, which I would not call "trap"..
Give us a download link, homie, I think some people would cop this....

This is a sweet track..
The way you flipped the vocal sample was on.
The way the verse came in with a guitar was unexpected, but awesome.
I feel like you lost alot of frequency space when that guitar gets taken out at the chorus return and feels a little empty(though its really not). Maybe add another sound thats a little low-mid range to keep it fat at that point?
I think your drum choices were good for this type of music, which I would not call "trap"..
Give us a download link, homie, I think some people would cop this....

Download link UP! Thanks for the kind words man. I agree with you that it's not so much trap as trap inspired, I'm just trying to get people to click the link at this point haha. And yeah, I totally hear you about the chorus bit after the guitar part, I'll try to squeeze something in there if and when I revisit for an EP or something. I think it would really help the piece evolve too so I'm not just repeating the same parts.

The link in your sig is dope man! This song evolves really well, and stays pretty interesting. I might suggest a drum sample changeup at 1.31 to keep things fresh, or maybe a variation in the kick pattern, since it's right before a section where everything drops out. The climax of this lands really well though, great work man. Consider yourself followed!

This is really nice, dude. At 0:47, I really like the change in tone, and slowly fading inward, NICE! These fades help a track feel less "programmed" if you know what I mean. How long you been doing this?

Last edited:
- Main melody is dope
- I like the vocal sample!
- I would up the kick a little more or layer it to give it some thump
- I would also lower the pitch of the clap and turn it up just a tad bit
- The composition and arrangement is point -- love the uniqueness of this beat

Beat has crazy potential man! Work on your drum selection and mix and you'll be fine!

Please return the favour:

"Scooby Doo" (Big Sean-type Beat) (ALL FEEDBACK RETURNED!)

Thanks!

This is really nice, dude. At 0:47, I really like the change in tone, and slowly fading inward, NICE! These fades help a track feel less "programmed" if you know what I mean. How long you been doing this?

Thanks for the feedback! I actually just started making beats again about a month ago, after finishing going to school for production and recording for two years. Before I went to school, I'd been messing with ableton for about two years, so I guess I've got about four total years under my belt now.

First time im hearing ambiant trap , very relaxing music sound dope for real , smooth vocal , mix is well done sound really clean , keep up that good work fame.

Thanks for the feedback! I actually just started making beats again about a month ago, after finishing going to school for production and recording for two years. Before I went to school, I'd been messing with ableton for about two years, so I guess I've got about four total years under my belt now.

Keep it up, your doing great!

Back